LED brake light bulbs .

-
No. Most of the "LED bulbs" on the market, including all of them offered for vehicle exterior lights by SuperBrightLeds, are fraudulent trinkets.

AND, separately, there is no legitimate LED bulb that will work effectively and safely in the front turn signal of a '67 Dart. It's not impossible for such a bulb to exist, there just isn't one on the market. If Philips had ever made an amber version of the one linked for brake lights, it would work perfectly in applications like this. But they never did, and sadly never will (they're discontinuing that design in favour of two lower-performance designs that are cheaper for them to make, and aren't compatible with fresnel optics).

AND, also separately, there's something the matter with the sockets in 67gt's car—perhaps a previous owner did a hackaѕѕed "repair" with incorrect sockets, or perhaps the original sockets are faulty; repair info is here.
They haven’t been hacked and I can buy the normal type globe from rock auto , I purchased a box of ten due to them being odd and cannot source them here in Aus. When I get home from work I will take a photo of the globe.

Exterior lights are crucial safety equipment that keep you (and your car) from getting hit. They have to work right, not just light up and "yup, looks good to me". Read this before deciding there are "no issues" with the fraudulent trinkets offered by SuperBrightLeds and a zillion other vendors all over the internet. There is no legitimate LED 1157 that will work effectively, safely, and legally in the '67 Dart front turn signal, because it's got Fresnel-type optics (see link at the top of this paragraph for explanation).

$65 is too much to pay for the Philips brake bulbs; see here.

The flasher to use is this one (2-prong like original; connect its ground wire conveniently).
Payed $18.00 on EBay PHILIPS Vision LED RED BRAKE LIGHT P21/5W BAY15D 1157 S25 Dual Brightness 12836 46677717988 | eBay

Along a hillbilly sort of line, I have had good luck spray painting led bulbs to get the color of light I want. It is pretty trial & error, but if I don’t like the color, I wipe it off with some acetone & try again. Seems to be pretty durable once applied.

Need some help . Just bought a bunch of LED 1157 brake light bulbs and put them in and they do not work , just wondering if anyone else has tried this and what bulb are you using . Thanks in advance for any help .
I used these Philips led bulbs and an el12 electronic flashers in my 73 and they work great. very bright as a stop and turn signal.

20190731_120201.jpg

-
Back