LED Dash Light

-
There is a few members that have swapped in the led lights, it brings down the temp in the dash and makes it brighter. Probably the best upgrade you can do.
Heres a link for you!
http://whitegauges.net/categories/Dash-Illumination-Parts/LED-Bulb-Lighting/194-%2d-(4-point)/

Sweet! the blue ones will go great with my cobalt gauges! have to get a red one for the brake light and high beam, and two green ones as well for the turns...

how many are left for just the lighting? lol...

I think its 5 (for a Rally Dash) but don't quote me on it.

There is a few members that have swapped in the led lights, it brings down the temp in the dash and makes it brighter. Probably the best upgrade you can do.
Heres a link for you!
http://whitegauges.net/categories/Dash-Illumination-Parts/LED-Bulb-Lighting/194-%2d-(4-point)/

B.I.N.G.O.! That is whats in my dash! My Rally dash has 4 for the gauges. I used the white leds for the two turn indicators and the brake, high beam indicators since they have colored filters. Heat in the cluster is gone!! Also power draw is minimal too. Good for the headlight switch! Can't really dim them though. They aren't quite as bright as the photo shows but are nice, I like'm. When I find a better cluster bezel I will also get the rope light to go around the inside of the bezel where the gauge goes for better coverage. I finally got the bulb socket for the amp gauge so it is brighter than the pic shows now. The blue leds act like a blacklight and really make the orange needles glow! I purchased the orange needle paint too. Here is a shot with the bulb not working,

Attachments

• DSCN1951.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,054
Pre 1967 did use a different plastic bulb socket for a incondescent bulb with the type base that LED replacement has. The 67 and later bulb socket will fit the pre 67 panel though.
The best bulb I have found for 67 and later is Sylvania #2825. It's a slightly brighter long life bayonet type base bulb.

Attachments

• 64 A lamp alternative.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,034
more bulbs... looks like you need:

two green or white for turn signals
two or three red for high beam, oil pressure warning light, and i think brake warning lamp
then 4 colored bulb of your choice!

Ed are you running a custom dash? The original dash already has colored filters for the turn signals, high beam, oil pressure and brake lights.
~Michael

Ed are you running a custom dash? The original dash already has colored filters for the turn signals, high beam, oil pressure and brake lights.
~Michael

well i know they have a colored lense as well (not the little cover)...

but no stock dash... its just i have one bulb in it, and no other housings... i just like the blue as i have the cobalt gauges...would like to be able to see the stock cluster and match the gauges...

P.S. cluster lights is on lol

Attachments

• 101_4397.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,005
I see that you also got yours at www.superbrightleds.com

DIRT cheap

i ordered some! 15 shipped lol... didn't get the one for the brake warning or oil warning light as...well... neither work lol... but do have a oil pressure gauge... was thinkin of hooking my roll control into that brake light!

now check out these screw in holders?? think they would work?? the twisty one obviously not the other one...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ategory=CAR&Page2Disp=/specs/T10_sockets.html

Ed,
I really like those gauges.
~Michael

sexy right! now you know why i would like the cluster to match... plan to ge tthe just dashes 3 pod upper dash pad someday... then just have to worry about the trans temp,tach and shift light

i ordered some! 15 shipped lol... didn't get the one for the brake warning or oil warning light as...well... neither work lol... but do have a oil pressure gauge... was thinkin of hooking my roll control into that brake light!

now check out these screw in holders?? think they would work?? the twisty one obviously not the other one...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ategory=CAR&Page2Disp=/specs/T10_sockets.html

i was looking at those when I ordered my LEDs. I think they would work. they look the part.

i was looking at those when I ordered my LEDs. I think they would work. they look the part.

well for the cost of a set of those is less than 2 from R/T im seriously thinking of playin Guinna pig lol...

i wish i could mike a stock mopar one before i do order those... i might have to pull the last one out of my dash lol

so looking at NOs ones on line they are 5/8" or 0.625"...

i think the ones on the superbright site are for 1/2 holes...

ok well i got some of the bulbs in, and ordered more of the twist on sockets...

i did colors for everything, i didn't want to rely on the plastic tint things in the dash and im glad i didn't becasue WOW! the turn signal indicators are amazing LOL... my hi-beam light isn't working but im sure thats dash issues...

anyways i'll get pics up tonite when it gets dark...

and so you guys know i went with 90* bulbs for the indicators and 120* for the back lighting for the dash... they had 360* ones that i might try if its not enough but will see...

got them all in but two blue's so its a little on the dark side still, also with those cobalts its hard to compare... probably could use a stronger bulb or one of those wide angle ones...

sorry they are blurry but the camera dosn't like to focus without the flash...

Attachments

• 100_5225.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 894
  • 100_5227.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 884
Each of the holes has a blueish green filter riveted inside the cluster. I removed those and painted the inside bright white, blacked out the original spots where the light bulb shines directly at the backside of the bezel.
You should do that and repaint the needles. Also clean each gauge face to make the white silkscreening pop. The stock black gauges will never come close to those Cobalt gauges but you can brighten them quite a bit.

Each of the holes has a blueish green filter riveted inside the cluster. I removed those and painted the inside bright white, blacked out the original spots where the light bulb shines directly at the backside of the bezel.
You should do that and repaint the needles. Also clean each gauge face to make the white silkscreening pop. The stock black gauges will never come close to those Cobalt gauges but you can brighten them quite a bit.

thats good to know! i will try that this weekend... instead of white can i use aluminum paint? thats really reflective..

Ed,
Those lights made a huge difference!! I think I will get some blue ones for my cluster. I am in the process of restoring right now.
~Michael

-
Back