LED taillight source...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Had their site bookmarked but that 'puter took a dump. This company made LED taillights for a few different A-bodies...if I remember correct they made them for 69 Darts....can someone help me out please?????

Thanks in advance...
Doug

Had their site bookmarked but that 'puter took a dump. This company made LED taillights for a few different A-bodies...if I remember correct they made them for 69 Darts....can someone help me out please?????

Doug

I know this might be a bit off the mark, since in working on a 71 duster, and their tail lights are shaped different from your dart..but this is what I came up with

(not the same brand, but shows what it does)

I ordered 4 of these so I can put one in each slot of my tail lights
I figured I will run "low beam" or "running lights" on all four of them as regular brake lights
then use the inside amber "turn signals" on all four of them as brake lights, as well as the lower "high beams"
for the actual turn signal, I figured I would use the outer amber lights and the upper "high beams"

not sure yet on if I should use the upper high beams as turn or brake lights, just thinking out loud here

like I said, not exactly what your working on but I thought it might help you think down some new avenues

(specially since I'm in for less then $10.00 right now)

I know this might be a bit off the mark, since in working on a 71 duster, and their tail lights are shaped different from your dart..but this is what I came up with

(not the same brand, but shows what it does)

I ordered 4 of these so I can put one in each slot of my tail lights
I figured I will run "low beam" or "running lights" on all four of them as regular brake lights
then use the inside amber "turn signals" on all four of them as brake lights, as well as the lower "high beams"
for the actual turn signal, I figured I would use the outer amber lights and the upper "high beams"

not sure yet on if I should use the upper high beams as turn or brake lights, just thinking out loud here

like I said, not exactly what your working on but I thought it might help you think down some new avenues

(specially since I'm in for less then $10.00 right now)

Thanks for the info...I will re-read it til it makes sense...
Did find the site I was thinking about....a bit more pricey than the way your going about it...https://digi-tails.com....
The Darts tail light assemblies are brand new...will be looking into your method...hate spending $$ only to put it on the shelf...

no kidding, i had to rewrite it several times before it made sense to me
once they come in ill post some pictures, or video of the whole deal

Those look pretty slick. I assume I could use the '69 inserts in my '67 notch taillights with little or no mods...

Yea I think Doug has me on ignore so he didn't see my post when he was looking for them.
Maybe not, I don't know for sure. :D

Those Digitails are frickin expensive for LED's

no kidding, i watched thier video online (all 12 seconds of it) and i was not impressed...it looked like they were more concerned with replicating the night rider than making the tail lights functional on a daily driver

in fact, it was that video that made up my mind that i can cobble something up myself

no kidding, i watched thier video online (all 12 seconds of it) and i was not impressed...it looked like they were more concerned with replicating the night rider than making the tail lights functional on a daily driver

in fact, it was that video that made up my mind that i can cobble something up myself

Check this out. :D LED series parallel array wizard

Making your own is a labor of love and you won't get rich selling them. money wise they ARE cheaper to build than just buying an off the shelf set time wise ehhh not so much. my total time in designing and making a set would have cost me over 600.00 in time and materials if I had someone else do it. Custom is Not for the person that wants to just stick in a plug and go. Mine took me a while (hey real newby here on leds). But with the help of Slantsixdan showing me charts and by explaining some thing,sending me charts to use to calibrate the leds I was able to make a set of leds that hit the numbers for a bright, safe stop/tail/turn signal for the rear that is almost plug and play. One cable to splice into to and one new connection to make all 4 tails light up as stop/turn too! I'm just now finishing up testing the front turn signals that might be bright enough to "qualify" as driving lights (maybe)
my leds are a one-off setup even though I do have my 66 dart cad design saved on a disk "just in case" I want to make more on the CNC or play with the 65's design to do my friends car. The 65 has a weird backup light that does not help it's lighting ability so It'll take some work to get it to look god and light up right.

Making your own is a labor of love and you won't get rich selling them. money wise they ARE cheaper to build than just buying an off the shelf set time wise ehhh not so much. my total time in designing and making a set would have cost me over 600.00 in time and materials if I had someone else do it. Custom is Not for the person that wants to just stick in a plug and go. Mine took me a while (hey real newby here on leds). But with the help of Slantsixdan showing me charts and by explaining some thing,sending me charts to use to calibrate the leds I was able to make a set of leds that hit the numbers for a bright, safe stop/tail/turn signal for the rear that is almost plug and play. One cable to splice into to and one new connection to make all 4 tails light up as stop/turn too! I'm just now finishing up testing the front turn signals that might be bright enough to "qualify" as driving lights (maybe)
my leds are a one-off setup even though I do have my 66 dart cad design saved on a disk "just in case" I want to make more on the CNC or play with the 65's design to do my friends car. The 65 has a weird backup light that does not help it's lighting ability so It'll take some work to get it to look god and light up right.
All this excess verbage and no pics?
:poke:

diga tails are nice.. have had two sets of them.. theres a switch so if you don't like the Fully Sequential look you can switch to just a normal way of lighting.

All this excess verbage and no pics?
:poke:
didn't want to clutter up his thread , even though I really did with the opinions I posted :BangHead:

here is mine, I have done some updates such as voltage limiting and front turn signals conversion to LED but have not finished up the bezel changes I'd like to do.
66 dart LED prototype working for now

didn't want to clutter up his thread , even though I really did with the opinions I posted :BangHead:

here is mine, I have done some updates such as voltage limiting and front turn signals conversion to LED but have not finished up the bezel changes I'd like to do.
66 dart LED prototype working for now
Appreciate the link....would not have had a problem if you cluttered up this thread..I am looking for options over just buying them.....

I am a bit confused...you are going to order a set of?
I ordered a set of the Digitails for my 67 Barracuda... You must have one or more members' posts blocked who are/were discussing the Digitails here in your thread, or something...? Trailbeast replied first with a link to them.

I ordered a set of the Digitails for my 67 Barracuda... You must have one or more members' posts blocked who are/were discussing the Digitails here in your thread, or something...? Trailbeast replied first with a link to them.
Sure do...

@66Dvert....just remembered a while back you & I exchanged several PM's about your tail light project...it was prior to Joey upgrading the software so I lost them...

My Chinese lights showed up today
I'll bust out the lawnmower battery tomorrow and have a quick look on if it works or not

-
Back