left side oil

-

highflyer

Reaction score
getting good oil pressure with a drill motor,but cant get oil to the left rockers...tried tdc and every 90 degrees...pulled the rockers and looked cant tell a thing..right side is pumping like crazy ..left side notch forward and down..right side notch rear and down..can I pump with the rocker arms off and not blow the lifters out so I can expose the oiling hole thru the head..and where does the crank have to be so the left upper will get oil..i did a search,and cant find it...thank you ..j

have someone turn crank slowly while running drill motor until it comes out. I think it is 135 degrees

Pass. side: approx. 90* BTDC coming up on #1 compression stroke.
Drivers side: approx. 20* ATDC just past #6 compression stroke.

I wonder if you may have the wrong bolt in the wrong hole for the rocker shafts and there is only one way the shafts go. I don't want to guess so I hope someone tells us for sure but there is a groove in the shaft that goes down towards the front on the ........................I'll look it up....lol

RustyRatRod explains it well...and I quote:" The shafts install with the small oiling holes facing down and towards the outside of the engine. Since they are offset from the mounting holes it is possible to install them four different ways, but there is only one correct way as described above. All small block rocker shafts have the ends plugged."
Thanks Rusty! tmm

I have had to spin the crank back in the day ... but that was with a 71 340..

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT.... [heard that before..]lol...this is what I did..took off the shafts and got gutsy with it off with no load on the lifters and they did not pop out of their bore.when i spun the pump.put the motor at[ approx. 90* BTDC coming up on #1 compression stroke.
Drivers side: approx. 20* ATDC just past #6 compression stroke ala OLDSTYLE member,then i had to clean up the floor..pumped just great.. thanks all...j

-
Back