Left turn signal issues.

-

dylan_becker

Reaction score
Here we go. Right turn signal works perfect. Left one stays solid when I hit the lever. When you turn on the headlights the green light for the left blinker lights up on the dash. If I pull out the hazard knob all blinkers flash correctly. I've checked the flasher and bulbs, and they are good. What next? Any ideas? Help!!! O ya, 71 Dart Swinger.

where do you think the bad ground is?

Check around the front in the headlight area, check the rear around the lights. Try cleaning all of the grounds. Do your brake lights work. I had some issues on my car last year and discovered an issue in the column around the turn signal switch.

Right at the socket or the socket ground wire if it has one

The way this works is, with the socket UNgrounded, you have set up a series circuit.

With the park lights on the "juice" goes through the park light filament, connects to the signal lamp filament at the GROUND point at the socket. Since there is no ground, the current then goes through the signal lamp filament, but there is no ground there, because the signal lamp is "unswitched" at the turn signal (signal lever in center.) BUT the signal lamp filament is hooked to the DASH INDICATOR which IS grounded.

So the "juice" goes from ground, through the INDICATOR filament, up to the SIGNAL lamp filment, through it, to the "UN" ground and the socket, through the PARK lamp filament, and back to the light switch on on to the battery positive (Juice "electron" flow is from neg. to positive.)

Right at the socket or the socket ground wire if it has one

The way this works is, with the socket UNgrounded, you have set up a series circuit.

With the park lights on the "juice" goes through the park light filament, connects to the signal lamp filament at the GROUND point at the socket. Since there is no ground, the current then goes through the signal lamp filament, but there is no ground there, because the signal lamp is "unswitched" at the turn signal (signal lever in center.) BUT the signal lamp filament is hooked to the DASH INDICATOR which IS grounded.

So the "juice" goes from ground, through the INDICATOR filament, up to the SIGNAL lamp filment, through it, to the "UN" ground and the socket, through the PARK lamp filament, and back to the light switch on on to the battery positive (Juice "electron" flow is from neg. to positive.)

Good call...ground is fixed, light works perfect. Thanks!!

-
Back