Legendary Interior problems

-

moparker

Reaction score
I recently bought a front bench seat cover for my 71 Duster. I had the seats redone about 8 years ago. I decided to put the bench back in it so I sold the buckets to fund the bench cover. Upon recieving the new cover I'm sad to report it doesn't match the rear seat for ****. The rear seat cover was bought from year one who buys them from legendary so it is the same manufacturer. I sent pics to Legendary showing them the difference in color. Pics were sent last Thurs. I didn't hear anything. Tuesday I decided to start calling. Finally I got a hold of someone today. He claims he turned the pics over to customer service dept. Puts me on hold. Comes back and says they agree it doesn't match but, there is nothing they can do. I said ask if they can give me a discount on a rear cover and maybe we can work this out. He leaves a voice message saying he can give a 25% discount. He also says he can't find my order and that he doesn't show that they make green covers just blue and orange for a 71 Duster. WTF? Anyone else having problems with them?

I bought front seat covers directly from them in green and they match my original rear seat cover 100% perfectly.

I had bought 1971 duster front bucket cover's. They were stitched totally wrong the french seams and the beading were switched, and the dark gray centers were only stitched vertically not horizontal. (no squares if you know what I mean), I sent them back to have them replaced. They stitched the gray and made the squares but didn't even attempt to repair the french seams . They're responce was the employee that signed the back of the cover was terminated and there was nothing they could do with out his confirming the application for the order. I used more words than you coul imagine. Then I went to Carlisle they had to have me removed from their tent. They are *** holes. The covers are in my duster and I know the person at the stand next to them. I have a couple of nice originals and I will be putting one of theirs next to an original and will be parking it there with one of each. Don't miss it. Since than I needed an Orange interior complete. I called Dantes mopar parts. He stated his stuff is drop shipped from ledgendary and told me he would stand behind my order. I got everything and the seats were fine but you would not beleive the door panels. They were delux with the wood grain. The chrome trim on the originals was forty fived at the corners with no other seams so it was 4 pieces on each panel. Their chrome was 8 pieces per panel and none of the seams were at the same measurement. I called Dantes and he asked me for photos and then said to send them back. Their responce was this was the way the factory orange panels came. Dantes had me send him an original. He went to bat for me and took care of everything as he promiced. From that day on I buy everything from Dante and I mean everything. It takes the hassel away from some of these *** holes. Ledgendary sales people Suck the biggon. I will be at Carlise to show off the #ucked up seats in the Duster since its done now. I had very large decals made just for this occasion. Remember. (DANTES MOPAR PARTS) out of New Jersey.He will find the part and back the product. Good Luck with Bendendary interior.

I'm not sure why they had me go through the hassle of sending pics if they weren't going to do anything about it. This is very disturbing. Thanks for the advice on Dante's. I have heard nothing but good things about them. Legendarys customer service is a mess! I am trying to be patient and not blow up. Did they offer you a refund at all?

As for the seats I have decals bringing attention to them in the car. (ledgendary- Factory) Promoters will not let you bash any venders. I shared 5 spots at Carlisle and sold A-body parts on the opposite corner of the car corral next to the truck parts guy.Yes across from the sausage stand were I spent my profits. I already talked to promoters and they will not allow any signs with defametory statements not even on your back. So I will Let the consumers see the actual quality. I myself cannot say I was disapointed with their sevice on any sign. But they will not like there shotty work being shown. Of all venders I ever delt with they are the worst in my book. It is my oppinion that they hire people who specialize in quick thinking stories as to why you are stuck with there mistake , and if you are a peon in their eyes, you get it up the ***
Dantes wanted pictures to send to them and to see the difference himself .I don't think ledgendary thought I would have original panels. Luckly I had original orange delux panels to prove them wrong. More than likley someone else got those panels now, you don't think they would through them out.

I will not mention Dante. I only Mentioned him on here because without him I would have been stuck with the panels like the seats. You are better off dealing with any third party you trust;. He is the only one I know that cares about his customers in the game the corperations play. I am sure there are more out there, but he is who I trust. I have many people come to my place for parts and repairs. Most all have simular stories. I aways send them to Dantes. I could order their parts for them but I do not want to be the forth party. I just had someone here that had a outragous shipping price from AMD. Separate shipping prices for items on one ticket and boxed together. That is why I have every one buy their own parts.

I talked to Chris today who must be the owner or the manager. I was able to make a dee woulal on a back seat cover. 25% off and free shipping. I expressd how poor the customer service guy(Paul) was and he apologized and said he would investigate. He assured me it would match.

Thanks for the heads up on both counts....sounds like Legendary is going downhill quick, this is about the 3rd or 4th post in a month about their shoddy customer service! Kudo's to Dantes. Up here we have National Moparts (Nigel) and he stands behind what he sells, so I would imagine if there is any issues with Legendary, he will take care of it....Snake is dealing with similar issues on his Dart door panels from Legendary.

This is only one reason why i went with a local private guy and had my seats custom recovered. Cost was more but quality was excellent.

Year One were sourcing some of their upholstery from a company in Kentucky for a while. I don't remember the name of the company now but the quality was not as good as Legendary. Are you sure the covers you got from YO were from Legendary? Were they labeled?

I don't remember seeing any tags. That was 8 years ago so it is possible. Would that be the time frame for the Kentucky Co.?

I had big time problems with service,told a friend who knows one of the owners,he did not seem overly concerned??I gave up and went with someone local,turned out great!!

I don't remember seeing any tags. That was 8 years ago so it is possible. Would that be the time frame for the Kentucky Co.?

It's possible. I bought covers from Year One as recently as 2009 and they were from the Kentucky company. I believe Year One (like many companies), will simply go with the supplier that offers them the lowest price. Evidently, Legendary didn't give YO a good bid on upholstery so YO started sourcing from the Kentucky company. It's wise to buy all of your interior pieces at once if you can, but this could be a problem if you only need one seat recovered. On the manufacturer's side, companies like Legendary will source their material from wherever they can find it. Although materials may be described as the same, they may vary in detail if they are sourced from two different makers. When it comes to stitching something wrong, well that's just human error and happens everywhere. That's a quality control issue that should be taken care of before the product leaves the factory.

and if you are a peon in their eyes, you get it up the ***

I have bought three complete interiors, plus all the convertible stuff from them, and feel the same way. I know $10 grand worth of business isn't much, but when my carpet faded immediately, they told me to go fish.

The quality of the fibre board they use to back their door panels is horrible.

I talked to Chris today who must be the owner or the manager. I was able to make a dee woulal on a back seat cover. 25% off and free shipping. I expressd how poor the customer service guy(Paul) was and he apologized and said he would investigate. He assured me it would match.

Doesn't sound like a deal..the product probably has a 100% markup on ir..most us companies ship free to the lower 48 and YOU have to put the thing on...

This is nor what I call customer service..it is what I call arrogantand I am seeing this more and more..sad..

-
Back