FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It will be fun she said.

E26EA3A2-5A6B-4E8E-B8DE-F17FE0FCE7DC.jpeg

DA78FBE2-30E6-4C3C-AA61-9991746C639B.jpeg

21C4A188-49FE-4A1D-B736-1B795B91600D.jpeg

D8F769B2-4E0E-4D43-A186-23F3C346D897.jpeg

I hope they are okay- like it blew in the parking lot or the car was parked.

When this went around originally the nitrous company reps were posting all over, reminding people to stop using propane torches to heat the bottles.

I think one may still have an exchange program going for turning in old bottles toward purchase of a new one.

Here it is Nitrous Outlet;
Nitrous Outlet

My wife is a retired insurance professional. Ain't no way his policy is gonna cover any of that damage. What makes it even worse for him is he's gonna owe a lot of $$ to whatever bank or car company really owns that car.

I hope they are okay- like it blew in the parking lot or the car was parked.
pictures seem to suggest the car was being driven at the time in that it and the wrecker are on the street...

I bet he is deaf now if he was in the car.

That's proof of the need to hydro test pressure vessels of all types.

Fire extinguishers
Air / gas tanks
NOS tanks

That's proof of the need to hydro test pressure vessels of all types.

Fire extinguishers
Air / gas tanks
NOS tanks
They do, there is an expiration date stamped on them.

Tire shop guy said he witnessed a spare tire in a Jeep Grand Cherokee explode and blow out some windows

Tire shop guy said he witnessed a spare tire in a Jeep Grand Cherokee explode and blow out some windows
Had a co worker air his boat trailer tire up, it came apart in his face. Tire was 1 year old.
The only thing that saved his eyes, he had his company issued safety glasses on, he said the safety glasses were from habit.
But his face was a mess for a few days.

As a welder, I was show a training video (vhs) when I was in school in early 80’s of an oxygen “T” bottle inside a large tube aimed at a concrete block wall. There were actually 3 of those walls back to back with 12” gap between them. The valve was knocked off and the cylinder took off thru the three walls and was found over 1/2 mile away. Serious pressure in those cylinders.

As a welder, I was show a training video (vhs) when I was in school in early 80’s of an oxygen “T” bottle inside a large tube aimed at a concrete block wall. There were actually 3 of those walls back to back with 12” gap between them. The valve was knocked off and the cylinder took off thru the three walls and was found over 1/2 mile away. Serious pressure in those cylinders.
I was shown that same training video around 1986, it also included vehicles that had massive destruction.

NA horsepower is all you need.

It’s really all I’ve ever liked. I’m oldschool and like to do it the hard way. Although I have considered putting a plate system on my black duster a few times not really for top end games but for the few times I’ve lost a couple hundredths for one reason or another. I’m young yet so who knows.

I have 2 out of cert. One new blue ine that came with my SIX Pack Holley Cheater NOS kit (front and rear plates have jets) it is little larger than a regular Cheater since 2 plates.
Ans a brand new bottle i polished

View attachment 1716113703

I have a shop that said he would fill my bottles since I’ve never taken a torch to them.

-
Back