Let me see your steering couplers for 67

-

DRENO

Reaction score
Was changing my oil this morning when I thought I would look at my steering that was repaired several weeks ago.Not too happy with the quality of work here. If ya got pics of one done right maybe you could post them,I,m not too sure exactly how the clip fastens on or the gasket fits. Looks like they beat it some as well. :banghead:
View attachment image.jpg

Here is an exploded diagram.

attachment.php

yea those things are pretty much useless... they never stay on. in 69 they had this clip thing that went thru the roll pin and over the cover so it wouldn't come loose

Thanks guys. Ibeen doing some reading and there are some good alternatives to this crap. There is a u joint setup which looks to be a lot better. For now I will do my best to snap it back on.

I don't remember, might have tack welded mine.

Pretty sure the red seal has been installed backwards. The nipple should be up....

Not a big deal, but if you paid to have this repaired.......$$

And yes, those are a PITA LOL

I agree the seal is backwards-- it looks like someone beat the snot out of your coupler & that is why the metal clips don't stay in place, Lawrence

Yea I think they gave it a beating to get it back on the steering box so it,s hard for the clip to stay on with the tabs mashed up.

-
Back