lets benchrace me some ETs

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
so I just got off the phone with Mike from MRL
my engine came of the dyno peaking at 420 HP and 470 ft.lbs of torque

this will go in a 71 duster with a 75 727 and stock torque converter

right now it has a 7.25 rear end with 2.76 gears which will be replaced by an 8.75 with 3.23s soon

I think I have a 28 inch tire but I am not sure

anyone willing to guess me an ET with this combo?

what gears are we suppose to use in our guess?

it will have the 2.76s for the rest of the year
but hopefully ill swap that out during the winter

It should have the 3.23s in it by the time I make it to the track...if I ever will

so lets say 3.23

you guys are going the wrong way, I'm supposed to be getting faster, not slower

I realize the converter will keep the car grounded a bit but it is a street car and I just don't want to spend the money on a converter right now

the gears, that is up for debate
ill have to install the 8 3/4 first (after I give her a good once over) and see what it does
again, daily driver so there are some concessions to be made

12.50 with the 3.23 once it's sorted out. 11.90's if you get a 3 to 4k verter

12.50 with the 3.23 once it's sorted out. 11.90's if you get a 3 to 4k verter

I was just looking through the classifieds for a used torque converter and one of your posts came up
looks like it sold though

now, if someone would have a used one (neutral balance, for a 727) for sale at a good price I would consider it

hint
hint

I was just looking through the classifieds for a used torque converter and one of your posts came up
looks like it sold though

now, if someone would have a used one (neutral balance, for a 727) for sale at a good price I would consider it

hint
hint

That was a stock 340 converter that my trans guy said was loosened a bit. I think it stalled around 2,600 or 2,800 rpm. I would at least see if you can get a stock 340 converter for it .

I know nothing about converters
other then that everyone says "don't buy and off the shelf unit"

but I just don't want to fork out the money for a custom build unit

I cam across this one on here, any thoughts on it?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=323053

on a side note, I still don't understand how all this works
if I have a 3000 stall converter can I slowly roll away from a light at an RPM below 3000?
and if my cruising RMP is 2500 RPM will that burn up the converter?

this is my first automatic transmission and its all voodoo to me

I recently got a 3000 convertor from PTC for I believe 400$. Mine is an art carr 3500. Last one was a 4000 from dynamic.

If you get a good convertor they drive like a normal car until you mash the pedal.

If it makes a true 420 it should run 112-114ish for MPH at 3350

ET is all about the 60'. It should run mid 13's pretty easy with a soft 60'. With a good 60's it's capable of running 11's

If it makes a true 420 it should run 112-114ish for MPH at 3350

ET is all about the 60'. It should run mid 13's pretty easy with a soft 60'. With a good 60's it's capable of running 11's
You got it , mine runs 12.9 to 13.6 , but 60 ft times suck , no traction with small tires . On the road hitting it from 30- 40 mph nothing out runs it , it's all in the 60 ft .

That stock converter will have to do for now, I ran the idea of even buying a used one by the missus and she gave a pretty solid "NO"

with the 7 1/4 im going to say 16.2 spinning horribly. With slicks I will say 5 minutes due to breakage.
3.23 8 3/4 13.3 with a 2.12 60 ft

That stock converter will have to do for now, I ran the idea of even buying a used one by the missus and she gave a pretty solid "NO"

And my wife wonders why I still refuse to pool our money and have one JOINT account.

Just say no to a used converter.

Get the correct one the first time.

With a 28" tire, I'd go with a 3.55.

Low 13s, high 12s. "Dyno" power is not the same thing as "in your car" power.
As for gears - I'd keep the 3.23s and go with a tight convertor - 2200rpm or so. You don't have big HP, so gear and convertor for torque and let it pull.

-
Back