Let's help Tyler get his late dad's car/ Touching story

-
Let's get this done MEN---When this is all set up and ironed out I"M IN --get this out to every member and watch how fast this will go!!!!!!!!!! "Pay it forward guy's"someone get this at the top of the opening page of this site

Thank you...thats just what we need !

This hits me hard. My son will be 3 in october and I could not imagine what it would be like for him to not have me in his life. I don't have a paypal account so if you PM me an address I will mail a check for $20

Tyler never knew his dad. I tell him stories about him from when we were kids, and I see him smile and get teary eyed at the same time. He's a great kid...I wish I could do more for him.

Tyler never knew his dad. I tell him stories about him from when we were kids, and I see him smile and get teary eyed at the same time. He's a great kid...I wish I could do more for him.

Hey your creating a memory right here I'm sure he will remember the rest of his life and in turn this will make him pay it forward some where down the road in his life. Your doing more for Tyler than you know.

Just thought I would update you. I guy that wanted my Mustang project car, offered my a trade instead instead of cash...so I told him the sitituation and said no. Also, I had my 56 ford F100 on Ebay but it didn't reach the reserve. I thought we could make more money if I sold my truck and split that sale with tyler too. I really to get this for him. Come on guys, lets make this happen.

Think about it guys...this is a rare chance for a kid who never knew his Dad to get the car his Dad built when he was his age, imagine what that would mean...with our large numbers we can do this, any amount will help.

Ok...I sold my 66 Mustang for $800, and so far we collected $158 from donations from our members. That brings the total for Tyler to $958.00. Come on guys... lets get this done !

Ok...I sold my 66 Mustang for $800, and so far we collected $158 from donations from our members. That brings the total for Tyler to $958.00. Come on guys... lets get this done !

How about donating parts and have an auction. That seems to work better.

I want him to get the car but 8000 is probably never gonna happen. Not to be rude or anything but.....

I knew we would never hit that mark, but I hoped for a good jump start. I wasn't even going to post this thread until I got several PM's telling me I should, I hwas hoping for a better response.

Hope he ends up with it. Maybe you could work a deal with the owner to put a down payment of like 5000-6000 and just pay the reast as he can.

I adding another $ 175.00 to the pot that I received from selling some of my junker models. At least we broke $1000.

I'm in!! it's a once in a lifetime chance. Y'all need to look into your hearts, how many of us had gear head elders in our life at his age? I know I did, they gave their time, tools, trailers, and parts. Time to pay it forward, if you ever had any kind of mentor in the hot rod world you should feel the same way. I put $20 in the kitty myself.

Treva and I will be in on this very soon, I can't wait to jump in and see this happen... Thank you for watching over this young gun :angel8:

If there is going to be an auction, I have some stuff to donate to the cause...4 speed peddle assembly, ede valve covers....would love to help out.I am saving for my family vacation, so funds are tight.
Andrew/Kidd

I don't have too much to put up for auction, that is why I haven't gone that route. If there would be a good response to that I would be game to try.

I'm sure I could dig something up for auction if you decide to go that route :thumbup:

Ok...looks like we are going to have a charity auction to help tyler get closer to getting his dad's car back. I am going to look through my garage and see what I have to put up. I will start a new thread and thank you all for being generous and offering to help.

I have a treasure or two to put up for auction and hope
this young gun gets his dads old car 340john :hello2:

lets make this an adventure :wav:

Still looking through the garage for some stuff for the auction. I have found some small things and I am lookikng for some more. I will start a new thread soon. Thank you all for the support.

Whats the deal with the seller? Is he on board with this or is he just testing the waters with the car?

On the advise of my attorney I am out on having anything to do with buying this car. I am going to leave it at that.
I think it would be great if some day he was to have the car.

-
Back