Let's help Tyler get his late dad's car/ Touching story

-
On the advise of my attorney I am out on having anything to do with buying this car. I am going to leave it at that.
I think it would be great if some day he was to have the car.

I respect and understand your decision, but I wish you knew Tyler like I do. Tyler wants the car because it is a link to his father...not because it is a small car with a big motor. He has a pickup truck for his daily driver and the duster would be used a show car and a memory builder. He wants to restore the car (with my help since I helped his dad build it the first time) and use it as a show piece. He has poster boards with old pictures of the car in his room that he put together when he was a little kid. He dreamed of owning the car since before he could even ride a bike...I know he would never do anything to hurt it.

I respect and understand your decision, but I wish you knew Tyler like I do. Tyler wants the car because it is a link to his father...not because it is a small car with a big motor. He has a pickup truck for his daily driver and the duster would be used a show car and a memory builder. He wants to restore the car (with my help since I helped his dad build it the first time) and use it as a show piece. He has poster boards with old pictures of the car in his room that he put together when he was a little kid. He dreamed of owning the car since before he could even ride a bike...I know he would never do anything to hurt it.

My decision is strictly from my attorney's legal opinion based off the laws of the State of Oklahoma. Laws vary from state to state.

I would love to see Tyler have his dad's car. These posts is not in any way intended to mess up what you are doing, but strictly to avoid legal problems should something go south.

If I was on the controlling end of doing this, I would get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

My decision is strictly from my attorney's legal opinion based off the laws of the State of Oklahoma. Laws vary from state to state.

I would love to see Tyler have his dad's car. These posts is not in any way intended to mess up what you are doing, but strictly to avoid legal problems should something go south.

If I was on the controlling end of doing this, I would get all the paperwork worked out in contractual form to where the title would be transferred directly to Tyler's mother’s name. She could then transfer it to Tyler. That would eliminate both the minor and the liability issues that anyone could be legally liable for. Consult your local attorney to see what the NJ laws are and what the safe way to do this would be.

this is one of the reason's I won't get involved, the asking price is alot of money $20 at a time and its 98 percently likely something will go wrong and I'm not going to be involved if/when it does

-
Back