Lets Play Guess The Brokerage Fees!!!

-
Ok after some research you bastards may be on to something here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6FvIPDtrcc

But you are not forgiven for milk in a bag and we will never forgive you for Bryan Adams!

Hey lookit' I bought probably the worst chocolate bar ever made when I was in the states....PayDay......what the hell is with that?? Tasted like it came out the other end of the cow. You guys are still selling that shite too!! Bryan Adams...I remember getting lucky to his song off of that movie peter pan or robin hood or what ever it was with kevin costner, so I got no problem with that.

Well at least our milk doesn't come in a bag...friggin creeps!:-D

As for Payday candy bars, we just keep those on the shelf for you guys when you visit so you will leave all the good **** alone :-D

You have a PM, LOL! :cheers:

Now hold on a second, I know you JR, I didn't clue it, Did you change your avatar pic? Arn't you the guy that made a burger with ego's???!!!??

And you think ketchup chips sounds weird. Sheesh!

Now hold on a second, I know you JR, I didn't clue it, Did you change your avatar pic? Arn't you the guy that made a burger with ego's???!!!??

And you think ketchup chips sounds weird. Sheesh!

I have no idea what you are talking about....and it was a buffalo eggo burger.

Nikki says that Rite Aid drug store sell some sort of ketchup/chip things so I'm going to check that out this weekend.

Speaking of UPS rip offs.

I just ordered some parts for my upright bandsaw from ww.etoolclub.com . Total weight of the parts was 1.6 lbs, cost was $21.40, and shipping (UPS only) is $19.79 and the parts are not big.

I know it is a rip off but where else am I going to get this bracket from and the fact that I got a $600 bandsaw for free because it had a broken piece I wont complain about it too much.

... Bryan Adams...I remember getting lucky to his song off of that movie peter pan or robin hood or what ever it was with kevin costner, so I got no problem with that.

Maybe I'm just warped, but the way that's written it kinda sounds like you got lucky with Kevin Costner. :-D << Duckin behind the bullseye and LMAO with ya, not at ya -- it made me laugh! >>

Though the thread got a bit sidetracked, thanks for sharing this awesome info. I think it's awful what the big shipping companies do to you Canadians and I had no idea it was so excessive. Handy to know for all of us who ship parts often. Thanks for sharing!

Hey, we bought some ketchup chips here in South Dakota. Finally had to throw them out. Even our kids (who'll eat most anything) wouldn't eat 'em. Nasty!

So, we agree that Canadians get screwed by UPS when importing from the USA, but what happens when we export from Canada to the USA? Do they whack you guys with the same ludicrous fees? Anybody........
I'm in the process of a similar battle myself. I bought a set of '72 ralleye wheel center caps for $37.66 USD. Supposedly shipping via UPS was $46.00 USD (he only billed me $23.00 USD because he made an error), then UPS phones me up and they want an additional $43.00 CDN as well as I have to fax in my copy of my purchase agreement to prove they are only worth $37.66 USD. Taking it all into account (price, exchange, rate, shipping, brokerage fees and GST) I'm sure coulda bought a re-pop set from the guys in New Brunswick for just about the same price.
I have be truthful, I now scrutinize every purchase from the USA. UPS is no longer an option. UPS is cutting the throats of some American business' by charging these exorbitant rates.
The shipper lost money, I'm getting screwed over on the rate and the only one that appears to be making out like a bandit is UPS............
Daryl

So, we agree that Canadians get screwed by UPS when importing from the USA, but what happens when we export from Canada to the USA? Do they whack you guys with the same ludicrous fees? Anybody........

Bought something from a FABO member in Canada. IIRC, the price was something like $300 plus about $40 for shipping through UPS. Got hit for something like $28 in brokerage fees when UPS delivered it. :angry7:

Here's the deal with the brokerage stuff....you can thank your government for all these fees. UPS is only making minimal money on the fees themselves, they are paying the taxes and duties levied by the Canadian government on your foreign-country purchases and then passing those costs back to you. If you'd like to see what percentage of the purchase price in duties you going to pay on a specific item, go here http://hts.usitc.gov/ and find the item you are purchasing and it will show you the percentage of the duties you will pay. I ship from the US to Canada a lot for my job so I have extensive experience with this. This percentage also does not include taxes levied by the Canadian government as well. If you go to that link you will see what I mean when I say that International trade laws are regulations are a huge PITA to deal with. We get complaints all the time from Canadian customers about these charges but as the exporter we can't do anything about it, its the price you pay for buying outside your country. Now, if the item is made in the USA or Mexico then it qualifies to be duty-free under NAFTA so that is something to consider but the seller/exporter has to note it on the commercial invoice. THis is a big complex ball of crap and I'm sure you guys just trying to buy a small part don't care but the more educated you are about it the better off you will be next time you buy a part.
In summary, the very best way to ship across the border is to use USPS International Priority mail in a flat-rate container if at all possible. Most American businesses SHOULD be happy to accomodate a request for this unless they are also trying to make money through inflated shipping charges. USPS provides all the packaging for free and will pick it up at your location also for free.
If anyone wants to know more about international trade laws and regulations, please PM me so I don't have to bore the whole board to death with it.
And personally I think milk in a bag makes sense. Re-use your container and save a little bit of the environment.
-Tim

Maybe I'm just warped, but the way that's written it kinda sounds like you got lucky with Kevin Costner. :-D << Duckin behind the bullseye and LMAO with ya, not at ya -- it made me laugh! >>

Though the thread got a bit sidetracked, thanks for sharing this awesome info. I think it's awful what the big shipping companies do to you Canadians and I had no idea it was so excessive. Handy to know for all of us who ship parts often. Thanks for sharing!

LOL!! Smartass,,,jeez yeah now that I read it again sounds kinda wierd..me Kevin, bag of Ketchup chips and a bag of milk!! Ok now Im lookin for the freakin edit button!!

As far as the post above, clarifying broker fees...I appreciate the info....but I am not the only one that has been screwed up FUPS. And I am not the only one with this opinion. I have brought entire cars back and the broker fees were about $150 a car..give or take. And why would the same size pkg come thru the mail USPS 2 weeks earlier for $8??? Other couriers are still cheaper than FUPS. I refused the pkg, they are shipping it back to seller and he will be sending it to me in the mail.

OH CANADA!!!.... LOL ( just funnin)

IDEA? look for that FABO MAP that shows where all the FABO folks are....try to find one that is in the states close to you and make a deal with them to accept your shipping and make periodic road trips??? OR ask your US shippers to use USPS, there is still a surcharge, fee or something but it aint NEARLY as much as UPS or FEDEX .......

AND Boys & Girls.... powered Milk is much better for your health.....
Dont believe me check it out....I did and now I use it all the time! its a lil more watery but its easier to get used to than a heart attack or stroke.

AS for "bagged milk" not a clue, but gotta believe its a ***** to pour out of a bag....( just funnin)

Just recieved parts from Summit through USPS. No brokerage fees only GST and Pst with a $5 service charge to collect the taxes.

-
Back