Let's play, "How much do you think they're asking for this car?"

-
Come on now guys.....the parts alone are worth $700-1000. With that said, I'm going to wager they were asking $5-6000.

Oh, btw....I paid $4500 for my 71' Scamp (3 years ago) and $2500 for the 66' Barracuda (this year). So if they're asking more than either of those, they're crackheads.

Attachments

• driver side.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0372.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 397
Oh, btw....I paid $4500 for my 71' Scamp (3 years ago) and $2500 for the 66' Barracuda (this year). So if they're asking more than either of those, they're crackheads.

Love the Scamp, i had a 71' 318 B5 Blue also. The Cuda was a absolute steal.:D

Well,
Down here in FL,
You do not see to many like that..
However,
Will it run , drive, and stop under it's own power?Add a grand...
What's the interior look like?
What's the Frame look like?
Floor and trunk pans?....
Giving that, I would say around $400 to $700
Yes, We may be poor, but We ain't dumb....

so i went to look at 73 plymouth scamp (about a 45 minute drive, one way) because i figured how else should i spend a monday morning. Ad said 318 car, needs work...

So my question to all the experts on fabo, what do you think the asking price was for this car??

I'll share it in a day or two...

First off...bkbond12, you are so stinking lucky! Wish I could find cars like that around here for that price...
Secondly, some of you were dead on...asking price $3500!! There were no pics in the ad, otherwise I would've never made the trip. Felt like a fool when I got there. This area is horrible for car prices! Looked at Mustang that had wood floor boards...asking price $9500!
UGH!
Thanks all for playing!

First off...bkbond12, you are so stinking lucky! Wish I could find cars like that around here for that price...
Secondly, some of you were dead on...asking price $3500!! There were no pics in the ad, otherwise I would've never made the trip. Felt like a fool when I got there. This area is horrible for car prices! Looked at Mustang that had wood floor boards...asking price $9500!
UGH!
Thanks all for playing!

Dang!! 3500!!!!! I would have to have asked for a free lunch or gas money :violent1:

2,200 for this 66 , bought by fabo members all around the world and has been a daily driver for right at 20.000 miles :D

Attachments

• memike%20089.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 345
UGH!
Thanks all for playing!

Oneway71 had a 73' Duster with /6 and 3 speed with about 40k on it that he was selling for around $3000, but nobody wanted it. I would've, but was broke at the time and couldn't get any of my family interested enough to buy it. I think he decided to keep it. He's located in Ionia, which would be a bit of a drive for you, but you could always see if he's still interested in getting rid of it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=150928&highlight=duster+ionia

There was a slant six scamp down here with a quick lemon twist paint job and all manner of flat black GT Sport stripes etc. Price was $6500.

Riiiiight!

Keep asking.

Oneway71 had a 73' Duster with /6 and 3 speed with about 40k on it that he was selling for around $3000, but nobody wanted it. I would've, but was broke at the time and couldn't get any of my family interested enough to buy it. I think he decided to keep it. He's located in Ionia, which would be a bit of a drive for you, but you could always see if he's still interested in getting rid of it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=150928&highlight=duster+ionia

I've seen his car on here and craigslist. Nice looking car. Figured he had sold it...

Judging by yer zip code, I was gonna say about 2500-3500 bucks,...course you could sell that in New England and some a-hole would want double that....

I'm wondering...do cars like this STAY on CL at that price, or does the seller come to their senses eventually, or what? What happens to these overpriced gems?

Someone should start one of these threads again, the comments were entertaining....

Dang, I was gonna guess "elevendy"...you know, the new number that they're coming out with to accurately price cars like this??!!!

UGH!
Thanks all for playing!

bkbond bought the 66 right off of FABO, so you could have found cars like that around here!! And, it was in Michigan!!!

I'm wondering...do cars like this STAY on CL at that price, or does the seller come to their senses eventually, or what? What happens to these overpriced gems?

There is a guy on craigslist near my area that's been trying to sell a 64 Valiant tail light housing without lenses for $100. The funniest part is he's been relisting the ad non stop for over 3 years now lol.

I've seen it happen with not only cars , but parts as well .
Some bozo keeps placing an ad on craigslist for a 318-A ("Poly") , trying to it'll work as a replacement for later 318's .
The ad's been appearing for the last couple of years , with no price change (he's asking $800 !) .

Then there was this hideous '74 Satellite ; black and gray primer with slime green wheels which in turn were topped-off with some Wal*Mart "spinner" wheel covers .
Then there's its engine : a "big , powerful V8 ..." , which consisted of a 318 with a red paint job with yellow air cleaner and valve covers !

The asking price ? $7,000 !
It gets relisted periodically with no change to its price .
" this classic will only increase in value ... "

I haven't seen it listed lately , otherwise I'd share a link to this "McMonstrosity" .

UGH!
Thanks all for playing!

Lol, I have been sucked in when it comes to looking at cars. You just never know what is really there unless you look. It seems like the only one you don't go look at shows up in your life and someone got a smokin hot deal. Then you kick yourself.

-
Back