Let's see your garage!

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
I've been living in one NYC apartment or another for 12 years. Out of necessity, I work on my cars in the street.

There may now be a garage with a house attached to it in my immediate future.
I can hardly contain myself. :smilebox:

Let's see what your garage looks like. Anything - giant shop, shack, shed, carport, blue tarp... Let's see beyond the cars. I wanna see tools, storage, air systems, benches, floors, lighting etc.

If this has been done before, please point me in the right direction.

This is the shop me and my Dad use. Although I do most of my work out side because the shop is full of my Dad's half finished projects.

100_0923.jpg

100_0921.jpg

100_0903.jpg

I have not seen Tony new shop!! I wonder how it is going ?

That is where I get to work on them. Don't have a garage, wish I did but that's life. Poor decisions early in life have handicapped my options. A cool garage is the dream of most of us and IF I ever win the lottery, You will ALL eat your hearts out. I will also have a cot in it to sleep in. My dream is to have a 2 Darts that look alike but one is a bad street car and the other is a Wheel Standing Super Fast that everyone is affraid of.
Years ago, there was a guy that ran round track around here. He had two cars, both solid white 55 Chevys. One had a 401 Buick in it and ran like a banchee. The other was a 427 Chevy with everything he could find. People were always protesting him. He sold a lot of 401 Buick engines to people that thought he was running the $10,000 engine. That was sooooooooooooo cooooooolllll.
One guy use to pull his 57 Black Chevy to the track with another 57 Black Chevy that looked just like it. He kept people guessing all the time.
You have to know that is a hell of a way to keep people off centered about what your doing.

Do you build ships in there or something? That place is huge.

Ya it is a little big but we had it allready so we paved it and moved up from the barn. It is so big because it was originaly built to house a D-6 Cat and the Scraper. But we sold them a long time ago.

you will have to excuse the mess, as i was usually working when my wife took the pics. I did get a storage shed built so now the non garage stuff is not there as well as some of the parts I won't be using for a long time!

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Picture 069.jpg

Trust me when I say you dont wanna see mine. Only 32 X 40 and with one area dedicated to DeMonIVR and another now now dedicated to rallye panel mod, my 67 ragtop restore is really piled up. So a couple camera views look neat and organized while the rest is such a mess even I dont like to look at it.

Though a bit cleaned up from this shot now, I still had room for a Duster fo in here next to the Cuda that is covered.

100_0566.JPG

im glad you posted that Rumble,thats what mine looks like.lol. Ive got the 2 car on the house and a carport and 1 car in back and as you can see everything is full.

garage 002.jpg

garage 003.jpg

garage 004.jpg

garage 006.jpg

garage 008.jpg

garage 009.jpg

garage 010.jpg

garage 011.jpg

garage 012.jpg

garage 013.jpg

Here's some pics of my cudas low buck home.Our Valiant stays in the attached. Not pretty but built myself from a kit & has been great so far. Second pic. has security alarm activated.

Oldschoolcuda

Good stuff guys. Keep 'em coming!

And hey Daredevil - the 'Cuda deserves a little more dignity than those mattresses!

Here's mine ,I always dreamed of a air conditioned and heated garage and finally got it last year

I've had the dart since 1981 and bought this house so it would have a good heated home,the vette is just a space filler I bought until I can afford a tubbed e-body

new garage.jpg

dart-vette.jpg

Kittens,4-21-2008 007.jpg

Bowl suprise 005.jpg

Its small but it works, cant wait to get a place with a big FAT three car. I told the misses my only requirement to buying a home is a three car detatched and a room for my car stuff all the rest is up to her. LOL

ebay 013.jpg

The day we brought home the Plum Crazy car I traded JR the 48 for. The garage doesn't have both cars in all the time. Right now, in fact there are motor parts all over the side where the red car is in the photos.

mini-P1000765.JPG

mini-P1000766.JPG

mini-P1000767.JPG

I think I need more room. Since I bought the Barracuda my truck has to sit outside. I guess I'll have another winter scraping ice and snow off the windows in the morning.

100_0219.jpg

Its small but it works, cant wait to get a place with a big FAT three car. I told the misses my only requirement to buying a home is a three car detatched and a room for my car stuff all the rest is up to her. LOL

I said the same thing to my wife!

BronxMopars, you know NYC is not the easiest place to find a garage to work on your car, you're a lucky man to have one at all. Just as an example, I looked at a one-car garage in my hood a few years ago. The lady wanted $400/month. One bay, no electricity, water nothing. I laughed at her, but I'm sure it got rented.

Plus, you always have to worry about security around here, you have to keep your stuff locked down pretty good. I looked at one in Red Hook in Brooklyn one time. The alley was right in back of a halfway house. The residents were outside and sizing me up. I could just see all my tools finding their way out of the garage in short order. Commercial areas are no better. It's crazy how much money is required to rent space for a business around here.

Someone posted this before, not sure who gets the credit but it's a website dedicated to 'car properties'. It's real estate deals that are geared towards car enthuisiasts. Some wild places listed, fun to look. Love to have an old gas station as my shop....

http://www.carproperty.com/index.php

My shade tree garage for know
but I will have a new one next month.

enjoy :toothy10:

cook and fish 871.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv%20009.jpg

-
Back