Lets talk big block con rods..

-
I heard the bad happenings with eagle i beams as well.

If I were to go after market i beams...I would buy scat.

Otherwise I would buy another set of ohio crankshaft h beams like I have in my 410.

"There are many many brands, but most are coming from the same place"

This is my point. They are all offshore castings. Some are finished offshore, some are finished offshore and inspected here, some are finished and inspected here.
The Eagle issues I know of are the small block SIR I beams. Which, after a couple years, they seemed to have worked the bugs out of. Pretty much everything else H-beam imported is the same stuff, possibly finished differently. It's the final machining/finish quality that suffers (and varies even peice to peice) the most with them. If you want I beams, spend the money on something good. Otherwise the average H beam would be fine, so long as the ends are sized properly.

ive been beating on my 440 source rods since 07. No problems. Same with my buddies engine .

Thanks 72 scamptramp,for that ebay link! I just spent my savings on a set of hooker headers,brand new and never used,but lots of paint scratches for $75. Thier even a step up from bottom of the line,thier elite series.So Im out of cash.And yes,I prefer to deal cash or m/o...

If I put something else on a cc,I'll likely have a rebellion on my hands.Wife will likely stop cooking,lol.

Thats one of the reasons I dont buy on ebay,you have to use a credit card through paypal. Plus all thier fees just plain suck!

Thanks anyways..

-
Back