Lets talk small block stroker cranks

-
@B3422w5

Do you have flow numbers for your old W5’s?

Supposedly they are the W5 numbers that he has posted on his site.
I can say this. A extremely respectable guy in our community flowed them and they didnt bust 300 at any point. Peaked at 297
All i can say is they made 708 horse on a dyno and backed those numbers up perfectly at the track. 140@ 3220. So i doubt a sub 300 cfm head could make over 700. That said, i aint a guru.... lol

Supposedly they are the W5 numbers that he has posted on his site.
And that would be Ryan J. correct?
I can say this. A extremely respectable guy in our community flowed them and they didnt bust 300 at any point. Peaked at 297
Ditto here as well. Different well known porter.
Not amused.....
Part of it was the porter flowed them on a 4.125 and I’m not running that, just a 4.03.
All i can say is they made 708 horse

That said, i aint a guru.... lol

Well, I guess as long as the dyno was calibrated and there was an honest operator.... the ET ‘s ran backed him up, bingo, winner!

Maybe one day we’ll get to guru status....
For now, it’s just common sense Joe with the help of others.

And that would be Ryan J. correct?

Ditto here as well. Different well known porter.
Not amused.....
Part of it was the porter flowed them on a 4.125 and I’m not running that, just a 4.03.

Well, I guess as long as the dyno was calibrated and there was an honest operator.... the ET ‘s ran backed him up, bingo, winner!

Maybe one day we’ll get to guru status....
For now, it’s just common sense Joe with the help of others.

Haha..... good.

Yes in answer to your first question.
Your “ different well known porter” might be another guy( we both know)who looked at a set of heads very similar to the ones i had..... and came up with the same sub 300 peak the other source i mentioned did

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here you go John. My friend has this head. No guides as you can see but the seats and chambers are in. The W-7 head he has doesn't have the chamber finished.

I’ll try to dig mine out this week and see if they are the same.

Ok. Don't know why the guides aren't in it. I never mattered to me because I hated the guides that came in them. The O.D. is under .500 so I just knocked them out and put my guides in.

Also, I never cared for those seats so I replaced them too.

Interesting W7 head ya got there. Early casting?

-
Back