Lets try it this way

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about rusted floors I'm trying to sell a car I found in a junk yard. Its a 63 Plymouth convertible. I will post some better photos of it tomorrow. It's in the cars for sale forum

Thanks for the support. Some may (or may not) know I'm a Mod over at FBBO, and I DON'T allow that kind of thing to go on over there. All it does is cause problems, and I won't stand for it. It shouldn't be tolerated here either.

It's a big world out there, I'm sure that some one will see it and just have to have it. I know I've been there where I just had to have the car.

Thanks for the support. Some may (or may not) know I'm a Mod over at FBBO, and I DON'T allow that kind of thing to go on over there. All it does is cause problems, and I won't stand for it. It shouldn't be tolerated here either.

I agree! Unless someone has specifically posted a request for criticism, I'd say don't do it. Put yourself in the seller's place. Then remember that just because you have an opinion doesn't mean anyone else wants to hear it. There are a whole lot of ways to share your "knowledge" without destroying someone else's chances to sell something. It's only commom courtesy.

Yeah...it's a big ugly world, and I'm up against it at the moment. Car needs to go, but I don't need people "kicking me while I'm down" by bottom dollar-ing me to death. Most of this car is solid and workable. The crappy paint on it keeps it from looking like it's anything anyone would want.

I'm not asking for anyone to start a fund and take up a collection for me (not that anyone would anyway) I just need someone to buy the car and give me what it's worth.

you have no clue how much i want your car lol. but there is no way it makes sense for me right now. unless you would wanna trade for a 75 scamp body with no rust lol. good luck with the sale man. someone will be very lucky and happy with this car. i have only seen 1 as a project here and it is not for sale:( asked the guy a bunch of times lol

Thanks Tyler, but like many others I am in dire need of cash. The $800 I'm down to won't go very far, but selling it for a lot less (which a couple of people want me to do) won't do me any good at all.

Thanks for the bumps and the interest.

Way too rusty for me. Junk it.

Good grief man, give yer head a shake. You don't junk a car like that. There's plenty to work with there. Be thankful that this is FABO and he's honest about the rust that is there. $800 is more than fair for that '68. Hope it finds a good home.

Wylde1.

Again, thanks for the support. Being honest about it's condition is the only to do business. Had the previous owner of my Duster been as forthcoming I might not have bought it. Doesn't matter now, except I'm (still) in the process of fixing everything and don't have the budget. ****, I don't have the budget for the bills right now. But I'll get it finished, and it will be super SWEET.

Thanks again for the support. That's worth as much as selling the car:cheers:

Maybe spent some time with a can of primer?Might help with the sale?The car looks the same as...?Some work on it ?Rims maybe?Take em out the box and put on the 68 with some attention?Good Luck Bump!

I could shoot the car with primer. Most here have seen it, but those who haven't might be inclined to ask "what are you hiding under the fresh cote of primer?".

No questions. I would rather see a car in this condition, than as a partially perfumed pig.....which (in my mind) it would be.

Years ago I had a 67 Satellite vert. I was the second owner. It had original paint (dead, but there) NO rust, and one dent on the entire car. IF I had shot the car it would have looked GREAT.......but no one would have been able to tell it was rust free and had only one dent (about 3" long btw)

The wheels are NEW...which they wouldn't be if I put them on the car, and I don't have the money to buy a bunch of primer to cover the car with.

I appreciate the input, but I think it's better the way it is.

I haven't really wanted to sell any of the cars I've parted with over the years. Most I sold to move on to something else. But if you must know (and haven't picked up by now) I need cash. It really pretty much sucks in my little world, and I don't have a lot of choice. Some thing, or things, have to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back