Lexan windshield?

-
I think I read on their site where they make the window just a little bigger than you need so you can trim it do you or needs. I can only imagine that if you made a cardboard template of your windshield once you had it out you could like one of your own out of a plain sheet of lexan..

A4CF0528-5BAD-4DC2-AC8E-A05C5D370884.jpeg
My buddy just made new Lexan windows for my old Daytona

Is that stuff easy to cut? Rag base Jigsaw?

Jigsaw with paper still on. I usually tried different blades to see which did the best. Luckily my dad was an electrician and stocked up on different style of blades. I think I stillness have a link saved from Yellowbullet on which black paint to use for the border if you wanted one.

My understanding is that if you trace your glass you need to add one inch all the way around the pattern to make up for the gasket when going to lexan?

Also i know it comes in many different grades. Scratch resistant, UV resistant and so on. I have a place that quoted me about 350 a sheet when i was gonna do my car.
One sheet wouldn't do all the windows.

I was gonna stay with a glass front and do all the rest in lexan. This way i can do it with one sheet and not worry about the front window being no legal on the street or scratching.

Even the scratch resistant stuff will scratch easy.

-
Back