-
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadly dart

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I bought new tires for the 68 Dart at WalMart in Texas. They broke a left hand stud even after I told them that the threads were different on each side. So I need just one LH stud and I do not want to go to YearOne for it. and give them $3.99 plus shipping since we all know how much they make from the shipping deal. I really don't want to change everything to right hand. Thanks

Year One doesn't have left handed wheel studs that I know of. Also more details are needed to get you the stud you need. It is very likely that you will have to settle for a used stud since new ones are long gone in the open market.

DRUM brakes, or DISC brakes.
Front or rear?
Just go to NAPA, or any parts store in your neighborhood and buy one, or order one out of the Dorman or Raybestos parts catalogs.
Those are not that hard to come by, even in this day and age.

Front or rear?
Just go to NAPA, or any parts store in your neighborhood and buy one, or order one out of the Dorman or Raybestos parts catalogs.

If it is a left handed front disc brake stud the numbere is 610-131. No one here including NADA has been able to get left handed threaded studs.
If you want right handed threads they are readily available.

Front or rear?

Ooops. It is for the 10" rear drum brakes.

Same thing happened on my Cuda.........they just didn't listen.

Now I have 2 lefts and 3 rights on the same hub.......we couldn't locate any lefts.

If someone has an up to date link for the correct lefts, I'd appreciate it myself.

You might PM hemi71x and have him get you some since parts stores in his neighborhood has them. He is a mechanic so maybe he can access them. There must be some still laying around somewhere if you can find them. I find my rare parts at the mom and pop stores parts stores but they are about gone because of the chain stores.

Same thing happened on my Cuda.........they just didn't listen.

Now I have 2 lefts and 3 rights on the same hub.......we couldn't locate any lefts.

If someone has an up to date link for the correct lefts, I'd appreciate it myself.

It's been 3-4 years since I last looked but.....Rockauto.com had a real good selection of studs and nuts back then. IIRC, they carried the full line of Dorman products.

Having said that, if it was me, I'd convert the whole car to RH studs and be done with it. Those small 7/16" studs snap pretty easily (especially using an impact wrench) and it's just gonna happen.

I bought new tires for the 68 Dart at WalMart in Texas. They broke a left hand stud even after I told them that the threads were different on each side. So I need just one LH stud and I do not want to go to YearOne for it. and give them $3.99 plus shipping since we all know how much they make from the shipping deal. I really don't want to change everything to right hand. Thanks
Why isn't Walmart looking for it instead of making you do it?

Why isn't Walmart looking for it instead of making you do it?

That is a good question. In this area WalMart is pretty good about fixing what they damage. Was the fact that the drivers side lug nuts are left handed threads on the work order? If so they broke your stud and you have them by the nuts. If the local store won't do anything call Bentonville Arkansas at 1-800-925-6278.

1-800-WAL-MART (1-800-925-6278) Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. 702 S.W. 8th
Street Bentonville, AR 72716:

Walmart Home Office
702 SW 8th Street
Bentonville, Arkansas
72716-8611

After reading this posting, i checked up on my sources today.
Guess the lefties are now history, with my parts suppliers, since the last time that i needed a few.
Rights are no problem, either for drum, or disc. Front or rear.
So i also learned something new here today too.
Now finding used ones, is probably the only solution, these days, from now on.

If you still need one send me a PM. I have a 67 Barracuda parts car here that should have them! :D

After reading this posting, i checked up on my sources today.
Guess the lefties are now history, with my parts suppliers, since the last time that i needed a few.
Rights are no problem, either for drum, or disc. Front or rear.
So i also learned something new here today too.
Now finding used ones, is probably the only solution, these days, from now on.

I have been chasing these things and for my 69 Dart. I gave up and installed all rightys and save the good leftys for the Barracuda.
Book shows there are differences between sure grip and non sure grip applications so you would need to figure out what you need.
The 2006 catalog had already discontinued the number for the sure grip leftys.

I bought some sbp Cragers off of another FABO member - he included RH and LH lugnuts and a bag of extra studs - I think he said they were LH. I will check when I get to my shop in the morning>

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back