Lien/Hold on Dodge Dart 75

-
I don't think it has been mentioned yet in this thread but I thought Arizona was a title less state. That meaning there is no title. If that is the case I can kind of understand clearing the car through MVD before finalizing a transaction.

Have you been to this puke's house? Know where he lives? What property does he own? ANY property, house, cars, boats, planes...............See about filing liens on his property and don't delay. Get a court case going and get him served. HE should be the one making deals with the lien holder, not you.

I don't think it has been mentioned yet in this thread but I thought Arizona was a title less state. That meaning there is no title. If that is the case I can kind of understand clearing the car through MVD before finalizing a transaction.

AZ has titles.

California car purchasers: VIN/Title search is free on the phone: 1(800) 777-0133 Speed-dial #9 for me :)

I walk up to cars for sale on the street, and call it in to verify status, any back reg amount salvage etc. before I contact the owner to negotiate. The operator usually won't give you any owner info, but they might not disagree with you if you ask a specific question such as is it registered in [city]? Is the color black? Is the license plate 1XXX234?

You did the right thing by talking to a lawyer (lawyers), most will spend 30 minutes or so no charge, that's how they get new clients.

I would have thought it was criminal fraud but most police forces have been cut back so much they don't want to get involved in this stuff

And Chryslerfat is ABSOLUTELY correct that it is a criminal offense to move a VIN from one vehicel to another. There was a '65 Shebly GT350 that the long time owner "rebodied" since the original body was rusty, it was easier to replace the body with a donor Mustang. BAD move!!! To avoid criminal charges he sold it outside the US as a "clone" with original Shelby parts and lost about $100,000 in value and there's someone in South America that has a great car for cheap.

So what you are telling the OP is to do a VIN and title swap to get himself thrown in jail for committing a crime, Nice recommendation.

X2
Agreed with chryslerfat, this is what NOT to do!!
Unless you want 3 hots and a cot.
:coffee2:

Sorry, read in late not trying to stir anything.

...I also was finally able to get ahold of the S.O.B who sold me the car, I told him to give me my money back or we are going to civil small claims court. That was August 11, haven’t heard from him since!
So I am back at square one, waiting to see if Private Lien Company will work a deal out, or if owner of car will give me back my money, or buy a shell of a car from DVAP and take parts off this one and place it on the new one. (Just not sure if that is legal, due to the fact I do not personally own the car yet!)...
your alot nicer than i would be...
good luck

-
Back