light go out when i press the dimmer switch

-

toms66dart

Reaction score
hi ,, i am having two issues with my 66 dart gt.

the first one is when i press my dimmer switch instead of high beams on my lights go out. do i have this wired wrong ? or any suggestions.

my second issue is on my console shifter there was an indicator there to send a signal to my reverse lights when in reverse. that switch is broken . my question is where could i find a new switch for this .

these two items are preventing me from having my car inspected in pa. so any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
thank you tom p.

I had the same issue with the dimmer switch on a chebby pickup and it was the switch....mine if you kicked it enough the lights would come back on. The lights went out on me in a dark gravel pit when I tried to turn the brights one...crap.

You might be able to rebuild the switch?

You can get a dimmer switch with lifetime guaranty for $5.99 at O'reillys. I've had them suddenly crap out while driving at night over the years with many vehicles. It's best to just replace it as once they go faulty and ground out I've had one burn and melt the connector along with the wires. Still wasn't to bad to get a new dimmer switch, connector and replacement wire. O'reillys will register the warranty under your phone number and if it ever goes out they will replace it free. They also carry the indicator for the reverse lights as well. Can be bought in store or online and shipped to a store for free or your home for shipping cost. Here's the dimmer switch info to get you started.....

O'reillys Auto Parts
BWD - Headlight Dimmer Switch
Part # DS108
Line: BWD
-Limited Lifetime Warranty-
UPC: 33086010656
Price: $5.99
(Uses PT64 Connector $4.99 if needed)
Site: www.oreillyauto.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 110
Mine did this, and it was the light switch, not the dimmer switch. Replaced it, and no problems since.

-
Back