light weight hood hinges?

-
I have that same question.. Are you sure we need the light weight hinges? I'm looking at the AARfiberglass hood with a hemi scoop.

A member named atomic dog makes lightweight springs for the OEM hinges that are suppose to have the right tension for fiberglass bolt-on hoods. I heard FWD Daytona hood springs can be installed to use with Dart Lite and Feather Duster hoods. But I'm not sure if they would be too heavy for fiberglass hoods.

As an example, using the standard hood springs with a Dart Lite/Feather Duster hood makes it difficult to close and it wants to bend the hood.

There is a guy on moparts that sells them. Just go to the classified adds. I also think you can use k car springs or 90's Daytona springs

I got a set of springs off a 90 Daytona $5.00 at a junkyard, They work great on my AAR hood.

I got a set of his springs about a year ago for my AAR fiberglass hood. I was a little apprehensive because the hood was so light... I was afraid there'd be enough spring pressure when the hood was closed, that the back of the hood would stick up a little and not sit flush. With Dennis's re-assurnace that they'd work just fine, and not to worry... I got a set.

True to his word, they worked out perfectly! They have just enough tension to sit the hood up & hold open without issue, but when closed she sits flush and clean as the stock hood.

No worries my friend, grab a set!

Here's mine prior to the paint cut & buff. Still need to install my 15x9 slotted rims with the MT ET Streets...etc...etc.. You'll like those springs!:D

Attachments

• Drive.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 792
  • Duster I.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 796
  • Engine.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 756
A couple of guys I know said they used springs from a window regulator.

A member named atomic dog makes lightweight springs for the OEM hinges that are suppose to have the right tension for fiberglass bolt-on hoods.

That is who I got mine from. Excellent product!

If you get the perimeter frame hood with the HEMI scoop on it from here you will still need a prop rod to hold it open.....

I got a set from the dude above I never used.....anyone interested??...PM me

was gonna use a AAR fiberglass hood on my Duster...but opted for a steel one

That is who I got mine from. Excellent product!

Atomic Dog x3
worked great on my glass 6 pack hood !
im sure he gets them from a 90 daytona or something but they work perfect for bolt on glass hoods !

-
Back