Light wiring at bulkhead on firewall and nss questions

-

dartmuph4

Reaction score
does anyone have a wiring diagram for the lights on a72 duster the car is a drag car the bulk head is still there I just want to be able to power the bulk head to get tail lights and head lights any help would be

My next issue is the nss on the same car there is no starter relay I found a diagram that shows running 12v to the top terminal then when in neutral the middle terminal allows current then when in reverse the lower terminal flows current for the transbrake does this sound right?

This might help

6493035-WiringDiagramFullValiantDuster.jpg

The two small "push on" terminals of the starter relay are inerchangeable electrically. "Pick one" of the relay push on terminals and run that down to the center terminal on your NSS. that switch grounds in park or neutral. The other "Push on" terminal gets power to activate the relay either from the "start" terminal on the ignition switch, or a push button.

The answers to the bulkhead terminals are easy. Go to MyMopar and download a free shop manual. Several of them there including the 72, came from the guys here at FABO

Essentially headlight power comes off the light switch, and goes to the common terminal of the dimmer switch. From there, one high and one low beam wire goes through the bulkhead connector and out around to the lamps in front

These are screenshots right out of the 72 Plymouth chassis manual Below is the bulkhead connector, left is "as viewed" from inside the car and right is as viewed from the engine side

bulk.jpg

front.jpg

Below is the dimmer switch which gives you the wire colors for the wiring under the hood. What is marked "battery" (LightGreeN) is actually headlamp power coming from the headlamp switch to the dimmer. Low beam is VIOLET and high beam is RED

dimmer.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back