**lightest h beam sbm rod is ?**

-
Scat, Eagle, K1, Cat................ ??

Thanks!

bought them off ebay....the guy has big block rods for sale but no small blocks at this time...

as soon as i can find ya a link I will post it...

they are in a 360 engine that has run 11.03 in 71 Dart...

This would be for an LA 360CI running around 10-15lbs of boost. 8.5:1 Compression all forged internals possible Partial hard block, girdle, RHS HEADS, Blow thru Carb or EFI with Water/Meth injection instead of and intercooler. Water/meth would kick at boost over 5lbs or so. I have heard of guys running it with great success.

800/850hp at the crank at full boost. 700 or so to the tires.

Uh Ohhhhhhhhh, I just started some crap I can hear it already!

As Tony said guy's don't get you panties in a wad! here we go...............haaaaaaaaaaa

These are the rods & pistons i'll be using for my 318/390 engine.
I haven't weighed them to see what they are......sorry.

These are the rods & pistons i'll be using for my 318/390 engine.
I haven't weighed them to see what they are......sorry.

I have a brand new set of Scat I beams right now. Just want to upgrade for the BOOST when I get around to doing it!

This would be for an LA 360CI running around 10-15lbs of boost. 8.5:1 Compression all forged internals possible Partial hard block, girdle, RHS HEADS, Blow thru Carb or EFI with Water/Meth injection instead of and intercooler. Water/meth would kick at boost over 5lbs or so. I have heard of guys running it with great success.

Uh oh....looks like I started some crap...:toothy10:
Boosted smallblock, eh? hehe

Uh Ohhhhhhhhh, I just started some crap I can hear it already!

As Tony said guy's don't get you panties in a wad! here we go...............haaaaaaaaaaa

Just skip the water/meth and go with E85. When using water/meth you are just adding another part to potentially break and take out the engine.

Just skip the water/meth and go with E85. When using water/meth you are just adding another part to potentially break and take out the engine.

I have tossed around the idea of E85 but there are hardly any stations that carry it around here. They are 100 miles apart.

=white trash;] you dont want a lightweight rod for a turbo engine

I understand what you are saying. I want to Run a STRONGER ROD than an I beam so the question was asked about the H. Guys are pushing the I BEAM rods with alot of boost and they live including the STOCK RODS which are a heck of alot lighter than ANY H BEAM that I know of so I believe any choice of and H BEAM will work fine. Plus the Lighter of the H BEAMS are $120.00 LESS than the heaviest of the H Beams!

Hey Justin, Zero stroke on this one. 360ci

Aftermarket I Beam Vs Aftermarket H Beam? The I Beam is lighter right?

Funny how people say E85, not every one lives in Corn country. There is 1 station that I know of in a 200 mile radius up here.

-
Back