Lightweight Steel Drag Wheels On A Budget

-

12many

Reaction score
Just mounted up what’s left of my M/T ET Street S/S tires, new 255/60-15’s are currently on back order so I don’t want to waste them running around on the street anymore. Running a set of Bassett Racing Wheels Inertia Advantage 15x8 steel rim, 5x4.5 w/4” backspace.

Bassett Wheel Inertia Advantage

Added caps from Amazon and domed Mopar logo emblems off EBay, Allstar 45° lug nuts, need to run some Wilwood .090” spacers in order to run center caps. All components combined comes in at a tick over $300 for a set of NEW American made lightweight steel rims (19.2lbs.)
With the cost of seemingly everything exploding through the roof these days, there are still ways to beat the system! :)

46F73213-B7F6-4266-8BB4-A02EC0316740.jpeg

B829A12A-49B9-4C2E-A3DA-D0185985A1C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Great idea do you have a link or part# for the Amazon caps'? Thanks

It's funny knowin a van did that to them tires. LOL

Do you recall the center diameter of the hole in the Bassett wheel? Thanks

Just mounted up what’s left of my M/T ET Street S/S tires, new 255/60-15’s are currently on back order so I don’t want to waste them running around on the street anymore. Running a set of Bassett Racing Wheels Inertia Advantage 15x8 steel rim, 19.2lbs (8lbs less than the Keystones) 5x4.5 w/4” backspace. Added some caps from Amazon and domed Mopar logo emblems off EBay, Allstar 45° lug nuts, need to run some Wilwood .090” spacers in order to run center caps to round out the install. All components combined comes in at a tick over $300 for a “set” of American made lightweight rims. With the cost of seemingly everything exploding through the roof these days there are still ways to beat the system! :)

View attachment 1715884948

View attachment 1715885107
Definitely a nice wheel. Been checking them out for a while. Bummer that they aren't 5 on 4.

Thanks for the links, thats a great help for me. I like the look,Im running the same M/T Tires. :thankyou::thumbsup:

So the link for the caps shows 3.03 inch highlighted, is that the size you used>? thanks

Some old school Weld draglites would have been cheaper, lighter and probably less expensive and definitely look better.

I think he got the set or both rims for $300 if I read correctly which is pretty cheap

Have you priced out a pair of draglites lately?
They are all over the internet cheap for nice shape used wheels.....they are considered an old style wheel now.....I was just replying to lightweight and cheap, Draglites be a better option.

Ok....GEEZ I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!!!!! NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE ON A CLASSIC MOPAR.....YOU JUST HAVE THAT EYE FOR STYLE THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS......AND I BET BEING STEEL THEY ARE SUPERLIGHT TOO........GREAT CHOICE GUY AND I'M GONNA BET WILL SOON BE THE GO TO CHOICE FOR THE REST OF THE MOPAR COMMUNITY!!!!

Ok....GEEZ I LOVE YOUR WHEELS!!!!! NEVER SEEN THEM BEFORE ON A CLASSIC MOPAR.....YOU JUST HAVE THAT EYE FOR STYLE THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS......AND I BET BEING STEEL THEY ARE SUPERLIGHT TOO........GREAT CHOICE GUY AND I'M GONNA BET WILL SOON BE THE GO TO CHOICE FOR THE REST OF THE MOPAR COMMUNITY!!!!
:rofl::rofl: Right back at you....:rolleyes:

Show me the deals. Would love to have a set. Running steel wheels myself till I find some nice cheap draglights.

Show me the deals. Would love to have a set. Running steel wheels myself till I find some nice cheap draglights.
They are cheap at any swap meet, nobody in their right minds would pay to have wheels shipped at the inflated prices of shipping right now.

They are cheap at any swap meet, nobody in their right minds would pay to have wheels shipped at the inflated prices of shipping right now.
Still waiting on the cheap draglight deals???

probably not.
autodrags are not;

-
Back