Like a hole in the head .......

-

rebeldart

Reaction score
Needed this like I needed a hole in the head - has a little more rust issues than I dealt with on the Dart, but nothing that scares me. Interior is excellent have original AM radio, needs carpet and driver's side tear fixed, paint the dash and call it good, all door panels, headliner, excellent. 2 owner car and got some cool literature and documents from back in the day. Paid 1200.00 which I felt was a good price for this car. Tail panel fix or replace w/repop. I've got both a 440 w/trans and a 360 w/trans so could go either way. I'll study it for a few weeks and see if it grows on me - may sell it if I don't feel the love. Gotta get the Dart done anyway. Opinion ?

100_4138 (Small).JPG

100_4139 (Small).JPG

100_4140 (Small).JPG

HAHA!...you call that rust.?? I would have LOVED it if my duster only had that much rust on her. I like it. The all black interior and you could go any such color with it. I think she is worth hangin' onto

I would have bought it. Of course the 70 duster is my favorite.

I'd say you bit off more than you can chew this time Rebel - better sell it - PM sent.

If you decide to keep and fix, I have a good center section for the tail panel, PM me if you are interested.
C

Ok here is what you do... narrow the rear end, tub it with all the necessary coil over shocks etc..., 15x15 wheels on the rear 3.5 wheels on the front, install the 440/trans, frame connectors, install roll cage, fix rust spots, prime the whole car, dog the crap out of it! lol

I for one want something that I could take to the drag strip and wouldn't have to worry to much about wrecking it like my 67 cuda that I have spent tons of money on. I wouldn't have to go to the drag strip but could have some good times on the street if you know what I mean.

The Duster could be another restorer or a street bruiser. But the main thing is to have fun with it.

Rebeldart,Nice little find! As others said,"you call that rust?" fix her up to look original,keep the boring beige,hide the dual exhaust from the 440 under the tp and keep it muffled real quiet,THEN,go scare the hell outta the hondas!

When I address rust - I don't play - it will be done right. Even if I weren't planning on keeping it, just my nature. As far as drive train - have to keep looking into the big block thing .... never rode in one, let alone driven. Ain't it wild that 6-8 weeks ago 4.00 gas was a factor and today I paid 1.97, it'll be back up, no doubt.

I noticed the same - looks likes repaired at some point ? Oh, and Pettyblue that post wasn't late, it was early !

Actually it looks original - I may eliminate side marker lights anyway. Where's the best place/price for replacement quarters, etc ?

-
Back