Lil Red Express.

-

CUDACOX

Reaction score
Just wondering what our friends south of the boarder think of the average price, availability of one of these machinces.
They rarely come up for sale here in Ontario, and when they do, they seem to be gone fast. .

What about the Warlock? if you are looking it broadens your selection. They are probably just as rare though.

10 years ago they were 4500 for a decent one.

Today, hard pressed to find one under 25K.

Dodge trucks in general lagged behind the ford and gm truck values but the LRE in particular has skyrocketed past a lot.

Will have an SE 78 for sale this year. I’m having Todd rebuild the tach. He rebuilt the clock, these are original to the truck. Original engine transmission rear axle. Red seats red Tuff wheel has all the factory lil red parts. It’s on John Roberts list.

Just wondering what our friends south of the boarder think of the average price, availability of one of these machinces.
They rarely come up for sale here in Ontario, and when they do, they seem to be gone fast. .

pricing has gone through the roof. i've had two of them.. neat trucks. stacks are cool in the winter. too slow and need OD if ya ask me. parts are hard to come by. truck parts are hard enough to find at good prices but the LRE specific parts have really gotten expensive. i still have parts laying around from my last one, can't decide if i should hold onto them of just sell it all and be done.. if i get another LRE anytime in th efutire it will be a finished one. not into projects anymore..

Ooohhhh I see, you want the unicorn in your backyard lol.
I would imagine Canuck pricing will be in the $35-40k. Good luck
HAHAHA, Thanks Steve, I'm looking for something this side of the boarder and not in need of full resto..

Will have an SE 78 for sale this year. I’m having Todd rebuild the tach. He rebuilt the clock, these are original to the truck. Original engine transmission rear axle. Red seats red Tuff wheel has all the factory lil red parts. It’s on John Roberts list.

Can we see that?

Sure, I’ll post it on here when it’s for sale

FWIW Little Red Express trucks can be identified by the vin. Warlock's cannot. Warlock was a trim package for any narrow bed 1/2 ton Dodge truck. A Warlock dash bezel on a narrow bed truck does not necessarily mean it is a Warlock. :eek:

Trucks don't have fender tags like cars, either do they?

Trucks don't have fender tags like cars, either do they?
No. Limited info. can be found on the rad. support tag, the metal tag and mylar tag in the driver's door jam. Trucks did have build sheets but its pretty rare to find one that survived. There's also an equipment listing decal on the underhood, but not a very high survivor rate there either.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what VIN digit tells a truck's engine?

Say for the 72-80 body.

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what VIN digit tells a truck's engine?

Say for the 72-80 body.
The 5th character from the left which is a letter..."S" being the LRE engine. "E" is a 318. "T" is a standard 360.
Don't remember the others right off but a /6 is somewhere before the E.

Just to clarify the little red express engine is an EH1 and is the Only time this engine was installed in a vehicle. Which is a E58 modified. Of course they don't tell you exactly what the modification was. But I'm assuming it has to do with the camshaft. I could be wrong on that, I thought I was once but then I was mistaken.

Just to clarify the little red express engine is an EH1 and is the Only time this engine was installed in a vehicle. Which is a E58 modified. Of course they don't tell you exactly what the modification was. But I'm assuming it has to do with the camshaft. I could be wrong on that, I thought I was once but then I was mistaken.

some claim it was a 340 cam but most say it was just a production 360 cam... it did come with a double chain, big thermoquad, higher stall converter 727 with a factory shift improver kit of some sorts and a 3.55 open rear.

The 5th character from the left which is a letter..."S" being the LRE engine. "E" is a 318. "T" is a standard 360.
Don't remember the others right off but a /6 is somewhere before the E.

So it's like a car then?

Around here LRE and Warlock are about equally represented.
Hardly ever see anything else.

-
Back