"Limited Edition" 65 Barracuda

-
Did someone hack the lower front edges of the fenders off? The trunk lid is full of bondo, and the hood is rusted out in front. Makes you wonder what the places that you can't see look like. :eek:
Probably a tire rub on those front fenders.

So my buddy’s daughter did lots of gravel road driving in her 03 impala. We made spacers for the struts and gave it a 2” lift. She stuck 4x4 decals on the back 1/4 panels. Suprising how many people thought it was 4wd…

As old men told me when I was young. "A fresh coat of paint can hide a multitude of sins." I grew up in the British sports car world, and holy cow talk about a bunch of bondoed up rust buckets sold for too much to a bunch of guys with a pocket full of money getting all misty eyed over some worn out thing they had 20 years ago!

Sadly this car just looks to have been "fixed-up to sell" and not "restored." I'd roll out $1500 all day, but not a lot more. $15K is still crazy money in my eyes for a 57 year old economy car. I'm not saying a really nice original Formula S 4-speed car isn't worth that amount, but you'd have close to that into this car to get it to that standard so don't pay too much to start. Because the seller references cheap stick-on badges in the ad he/she either has no clue what they have, or is looking for a seller who doesn't. I don't believe that's an original color.

That Limited Edition emblem can be bought at an Auto Zone store !

Heck I put one on my ‘69 Airstream after doing a custom bathroom in it . Got it from Auto Zone .

This is what should be in that location.
mxcp_1581385428219.jpg

Did someone hack the lower front edges of the fenders off? The trunk lid is full of bondo, and the hood is rusted out in front. Makes you wonder what the places that you can't see look like. :eek:
Hence the addition of the highly coveted DIY "Limited Edition" badging! :lol:

-
Back