"Limited Edition" 65 Barracuda

-

RetroRider65

Reaction score
I have not been able to identify what the "Limited Edition" trim is for a '65 Barracuda. It appears that at the very least a 4-spd tranny is part of it. The "LE" badging looks to have replaced the typical V8 badge that usually resides on the front quarters near the headlight.

I am currently waiting on a picture of the fender tag from the seller, but I was hoping someone in here could shine a little light on what this is or at least where I can look for more information. Thanks in advance and cheers!

I have never heard of a LE model. Formula S yes. LE no.
Yes, we will need to see some photos and a fender tag.

Sounds like some bs aftermarket emblems somebody added.

Sounds like some bs aftermarket emblems somebody added.
This was also my concern as well - Here is a photo:
Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 7.19.24 PM.png

I thought maybe it might be some, mostly unheard, of dealership thing - Like the Canadian dealership '71 and '72 H Code 340 Swingers.

Now, understand, we're not knockin the CAR at ALL. In fact, please post more pictures. We'd love to see it.

At least I put Dart GT "Multi-Air Turbo" badges on my turbo Renegade that came without any badging.

Now, understand, we're not knockin the CAR at ALL. In fact, please post more pictures. We'd love to see it.
Totally get that 100%, and thanks for all the inputs, it is appreciated.

I am on the hunt for 65 and this car is on Craigslist. I was very confused by the "LE" trim comment in the ad so I knew if I asked here I would find out if there had ever been some dealer's special trim I didn't know about, or it was someone figuring on hosing an unsuspecting buyer, or that the seller themselves had no idea. I am still waiting for them to reply to my fender tag request. I am mostly looking forward to reading their explanation (which, if I ever get it, I will share here!)

That car is a mess and not worth 15g, it could be an "S" but I doubt it. Offer them 5g and see if he blinks! But then I would have to see under the hood, under carriage and trunk.

You should share the link to get value opinions.

Last edited:
Did someone hack the lower front edges of the fenders off? The trunk lid is full of bondo, and the hood is rusted out in front. Makes you wonder what the places that you can't see look like. :eek:

-
Back