line lock 67 cuda hellllllp

-

viking.cuda

viking.cuda
Reaction score
Just got a hurst roll control for my 67 fb with front discs. The guy at the speed shop who made the sale told me all i have to do is connect the selinoid off the master(back side) but the instructions say to take it after the dist block, had a look see and the frickin block is way down there, would rather take it right off the master but will it work??? any input greatly appreciated...

I believe if you put it on the master side of the switch/ distro block, you'll trip the front/ rear warning switch. If the thing has a combo prop/ metering valve that may add problems. Be sure you get it plumbed in the correct direction, as the valve acts as a check valve with power applied, IE you cannot reverse the in/ out connections.

If you go after the combo valve then you would need one for each line would you not?

Does that make sense?

I ran one between the master and combo valve on all my mopars with no issues! I just wanted the fronts locked when activated!

hey Tony tks for input...all I know is the dist. block has the 5 lines into it. and ya I do not want to reverse connections, so do I have to do the plumbing on the other side?(dist block)

I hooked mine up before the block on the 74 woorks great and after on the 69 but it seems to blead off (it could be getting weak)

You can't go after the master cylinder,before the portioning valve (what your calling the distribution block) I did this and it doesn't work.It will start locking up, and you will have to bleed the front brakes off to get them to release.It throws the porporting valve into a tizzy!
You need to take either the left or right front brake line off the porpotioning block at the out side, and 'T' the left and right together.
Install the line lock before the T as it comes out of the portioning block.Then install a plug in the unused port.
I know this works, because we went through 2 line locks, before we found out the line locks were not bad. The instructions are confussing.
I also know this works, because my Valiant is set up this way, and so is my Cuda, along with my wifes Dart.
You may consider a heat shield when installing it. I know all this is a hassel, but it is the only way it will work.
I am not sure how the others got it to work the way they did it, maybe they had a T of some sort, and not a porporting valve.
Have fun.
Chris

Un-*** the proportioning valve , buy an adjustable and install it on the ( here it comes ) rear line.
Then M/C to line loc to front wheels.
I know there are variations to consider.......this is what I have done for ever on disc front / drum rear cars and it works like a champ.
I used the prop valve on the rears to try and balance the braking based on the much larger foot print the rear tires provide.
I have heard of people using the prop valve on the fronts saying that it keeps the skinnies from locking up , but I prefer to have as much braking as possible from the front wheels. my .02 and you can have it for free.

I ran mine straight off the mc, not by preference but more so convenience. Didn't want to plumb new lines as I couldn't break lines loose from prop valve. So far no issues.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 236
-
Back