line lock dosnt seem to work ?

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
I'm setting up some new gadgets while I wait for the motor. So i made a line of new switches and already got the fuel pump on one and now a new line lock on another. I didn't plum it like the instructions said (after the proportioning valve) i did it the easy way (before the valve). well whatever it is it ain't working right. I took a charge 12 volt motorcycle battery I have and hooked it up to the electrical system for power and it seemed to run the new fuel pump great and the switch lit up fine. But now when I go to use it to test out the line lock the switch looks a bit dull and the linelock doesn't seem to click convincingly, and it surely doesn't stop the front tires from rolling as the front end is all jacked up 4 motor swap. I bled the system, it seems good and hard but yet the linelock doesn't seem to hold and again I'm getting a dull light on that switch? help would be appreciated! I'll put some pictures. mind you all, these pictures are not with the wires connected. I even tried straight to the battery itself without running it through to switch with out any good result there either.View attachment 20150108_151949.jpg

View attachment 20150108_152036.jpg

View attachment 20150208_164649.jpg

View attachment 20150208_164710.jpg

got my set up the same way...before the metering valve...if the valve is clicking...then the solenoid is working...double check your lines

maybe I just have to rebleed the brakes again? but I still don't understand why the light is so dull ?

If the light is dull and the solenoid doesn't sound like it's operating properly I would guess either a poor wiring connection on the solenoid wiring or a weak battery.
Meter the 12 volt wire on the solenoid while your activating it to make sure the voltage isn't dropping.
Have you ever used a line lock before?

check your wiring....should hear a good click...while engaging the solenoid....

might want to check the voltage at the solenoid and switch

If the light is dull and the solenoid doesn't sound like it's operating properly I would guess either a poor wiring connection on the solenoid wiring or a weak battery.
Meter the 12 volt wire on the solenoid while your activating it to make sure the voltage isn't dropping.
Have you ever used a line lock before?

No never have had one or used one. I'll definitely do some more checks in the morning. I'm hoping to get some ideas of what to look for.

Maybe the switch bulb is bad.Maybe ground return. Got VOM?
Are the ports marked in/out. It looks to me like the way you have that set up, it would be easy to trap air in the high spot(s)

check your wiring....should hear a good click...while engaging the solenoid....

might want to check the voltage at the solenoid and switch

will do! I just got that little project off the ground, wires formed and lines formed and bled and it didn't work right but it didn't leak! so that's a good thing....

=AJ/FormS;1970729514]Maybe the switch bulb is bad. Got VOM?
Are the ports marked in/out. It looks to me like the way you have that set up, it would be easy to trap air in the high spot(s)

You could be right! My auto shop teacher could not stress more that becouse its new in the box don't mean its going to work.

No never have had one or used one. I'll definitely do some more checks in the morning. I'm hoping to get some ideas of what to look for.

I'm just throwing this out there since you have never used one before and may not be too sure of the operation.
You have to push hard on the brake pedal before you operate the line lock.
The line lock only holds the pressure in the line it does not apply the brakes.
Of course this still would not be the cause of the dim light or the solenoid not operating properly.

-
Back