Little help with leaf springs

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
I got heavy duty springs and asked for them to be both driver side(odd number) and they sent me one of each instead.. should I just install them or do it how I want ..they want me to pay to ship one back and they would pay to ship other one back bit **** it's almost 60 bucks to ship back..or ***** more tomorrow and hopefully they pick up the cost.… Experience with this situation of installation of two different springs better ,or worse.. street ripping car by the way..

Did you get S/S springs?

(If so, that’s the way there designed to be used no matter who says what. The factory engineers designed them that way.)

Purchased From who?

The MP XHD springs are different left and rear. The placement of the leaves on the springs is the difference as the arch is higher on one. If you’re able to return one, that’s pretty good (even if you have to pay for shipping). I bought mine from a dealership and there’s no returns on MP products.

Leaf spring replacement

Did you get S/S springs?

(If so, that’s the way there designed to be used no matter who says what. The factory engineers designed them that way.)

Purchased From who?
Mancini.says JRS on them..I'm going to call in a bit..I know it's designed for the launch...but I really don't want my car lop sided even if it is half inch .it is not a drag strip car so don't want it to look like crap or maybe I'm wrong and I won't notice it as bad and it's better for performance obviously... What to do..I know over think it!

Last edited:
Call was made they are doing some paperwork and has to talk to his higher ups I guess. ..wonder what outcome will be??. One other issue from parts but wasn't a biggy .but they have to fix that as well so I hopeful they don't let me down..
Have to laugh at my luck!!

When the car sits even at rest in the driveway, it’ll tilt a little when you get in.

Don’t over think things. It’s bad for the brain.

Mancini.says JRS on them..I'm going to call in a bit..I know it's designed for the launch...but I really don't want my car lop sided even if it is half inch .it is not a drag strip car so don't want it to look like crap or maybe I'm wrong and I won't notice it as bad and it's better for performance obviously... What to do..I know over think it!

if you didn't want the car to sit lopsided why the hell buy springs that make a car sit lopsided? why mix and match springs anyway? there are so many options out there now that fit what you are doing better then what the hell you are doing...

if you didn't want the car to sit lopsided why the hell buy springs that make a car sit lopsided? why mix and match springs anyway? there are so many options out there now that fit what you are doing better then what the hell you are doing...
Well if you read my post I did ask for both sides to be the same( driver) side..they sent wrong .. please knowledge of what is better..???

i understand that.. they should eat the shipping if it was their mistake. my question is why mis match springs?

espo has -1", stock, +1" and +2" springs. eaton sells stock springs and 1"lower springs, there are others out there that i can't think of at this moment but they are matched sets and the car sits as it should with those springs... no need for two of the same side crap..

i understand that.. they should eat the shipping if it was their mistake. my question is why mis match springs?

espo has -1", stock, +1" and +2" springs. eaton sells stock springs and 1"lower springs, there are others out there that i can't think of at this moment but they are matched sets and the car sits as it should with those springs... no need for two of the same side crap..
That's what I was saying to them..I know from what I understand it is better for a drag car..but the are heavy duty for my 8³/4 rear. Just wanted it to sit correct..and I want it to turn same left and right turns..and from what I read you want the same spring..so hopefully they do me right..

would have been better off with a non racing set of springs. from espo, firmfeel or eaton or a number of other places.. that mis matched crap is from some jackass magazine article many many years ago before there were normal and better options...

would have been better off with a non racing set of springs. from espo, firmfeel or eaton or a number of other places.. that mis matched crap is from some jackass magazine article many many years ago before there were normal and better options...
Yes...jrs seemed to be ok..I talked to tech an d I was told they were the same so I thought I was doing right...

Take the extra 1/2 leaf out of the right spring and b e done with it . OR , put a shorter shackle on right side . OR , take it to a spring shop and have it reached . Or , relocate the front spring hanger 1" further up to lower ride height . OR , live with it .

Take the extra 1/2 leaf out of the right spring and b e done with it . OR , put a shorter shackle on right side . OR , take it to a spring shop and have it reached . Or , relocate the front spring hanger 1" further up to lower ride height . OR , live with it .
Yup..so many options..thanks for advice..I'm waiting to see if they call me back and do the right thing so I get same..I'm not paying 60 bucks to ship a spring that they sent wrong..If I have to end up using them will look into these options...

I have not knowing seen them on a car or owned/drove on a set.

Other than various S/S springs used on a Duster, I have used the espo.com 1 inch over bend springs that were excellent. I’d use them again on a driver with power.

I have not knowing seen them on a car or owned/drove on a set.

Other than various S/S springs used on a Duster, I have used the espo.com 1 inch over bend springs that were excellent. I’d use them again on a driver with power.
Talked to a few and said they were good...got a great deal on them also..how much were the s/s everyone is talking about?? Also got the Bilstein shocks..

Cost of S/S springs?

Check Summit racing

-
Back