Little League World Series

-

DodgeLad

Skipped the Light Fandango
Reaction score
Love it. A sporting gem still preserved. It's getting good. Beautiful Williamsport PA as the background. The powerful teams are recognized now. If you like baseball, but don't care to watch overpaid primadonnas, I recommend it.

holy cow
Just watched phenom Gavin Weir of South Dakota pitch a no-hitter against a powerhouse California offense. One walk shy of a perfect game. I think it was the 4th inning before Cal managed to even foul one off. It was K-fest, 1-0. An ERA of zero, nil, nada. But Gavin won't be available on Sunday for the finals...the drama builds...I love this stuff!
1 Little League World Series Pitcher's Stats Are Insane

Wow! Thanks.
holy cow
Just watched phenom Gavin Weir of South Dakota pitch a no-hitter against a powerhouse California offense. One walk shy of a perfect game. I think it was the 4th inning before Cal managed to even foul one off. It was K-fest, 1-0. An ERA of zero, nil, nada. But Gavin won't be available on Sunday for the finals...the drama builds...I love this stuff!
1 Little League World Series Pitcher's Stats Are Insane

Hope for a rain delay. He may get to pitch again.
I think I have found the meaning of life...watching LLWS, drinking tea and smoking cigars :)

Love it. A sporting gem still preserved. It's getting good. Beautiful Williamsport PA as the background. The powerful teams are recognized now. If you like baseball, but don't care to watch overpaid primadonnas, I recommend it.
I watch every year I have yet to go see a game in person even though i live kindve close

I watch every year I have yet to go see a game in person even though i live kindve close
Me either. Born and raised in Harrisburg. I want to go back for two weeks and watch every game I can. It's a life dream now.
Hawaii looks poised. What a defense!

Me either. Born and raised in Harrisburg. I want to go back for two weeks and watch every game I can. It's a life dream now.
yea same here i live in Milton even closer

I coached little league for six years and the kids had a lot of fun but the best kid on our team wasn't as good as the worst kid on these teams, lol. These kids are phenomenal and a real pleasure to watch. Thanks for reminding me it's that time of the year again!

Those kids remind of the days playing little league in Jersey in the early 70's. we had several leagues throughout the city.
Very competitive.
I really enjoyed watching the games today, I'm hooked.

It's a must watch for me every year. In 1998 I had the best draft league major team in the city of Fresno (won the last Spartan City Cup). My top three pitchers would have been competitive there, but my ace would have made an impact. One of my 10yo minor call-ups was as good as my best 12-year olds. Went on to a brief career as a tight end in the NFL (Anthony McCoy).

What's interesting is that my son was my #4 pitcher and 5th best middle infielder (why he played first). By the time those boys were seniors in high school he was the last one playing. He's also got exactly ONE college pitching victory and pitched in a state playoff game. Not bad for a guy who NEVER played on an all-star team...

I caught the SD/Gavin Weir hilites this morning before work. Absolutely incredible. Apparently Gavins not available to pitch in the Championship game? To protect all the pitchers arms?
The side by side of Gavin and Sale is like looking in a mirror lol

I caught the SD/Gavin Weir hilites this morning before work. Absolutely incredible. Apparently Gavins not available to pitch in the Championship game? To protect all the pitchers arms?
The side by side of Gavin and Sale is like looking in a mirror lol
No he's not. There is a fairly complicated chart on how many pitches can be thrown and how many days of rest in between. I don't really care for it, but everyone is subject to those rules and it is a team sport.

I live 20 minutes away, in Watsontown. South Williamsport is where it's held. Across the river Is williamsport. That is pretty ghetto and full of crime. But there is a Wealthy section at least.

No he's not. There is a fairly complicated chart on how many pitches can be thrown and how many days of rest in between. I don't really care for it, but everyone is subject to those rules and it is a team sport.

Actually the chart is pretty simple. I just don't have it committed to memory. Several years ago a young man threw 175 pitches in a loss in his team's first game. The team didn't win a game there. That's beyond abuse of a young man's arm. That's when they went to pitch count instead of innings. I am 100% in favor of that change even if it takes away Gavin's ability to throw a complete game no-hitter.

The team I had in 1997 and 1998 was interesting. I was keeping pitch count even though our league was still on innings pitched per week as the rule. My best pitchers in '97 at 11 years old (and they were GOOD) became ordinary at 60 pitches. Those same three boys became ordinary at 80 pitches when they were 12.

We got Torrance playing this Saturday. Only LA county team in like 50 years? BUT I also had Huntington Beach who won the whole enchilada years ago. Let me get this straight...the Torrance team (eg) is the Torrance LL all stars, not just the best team in Torrance? We had some grass pickers even on the best teams when my kid was playing.

I remember when the Warner Robins team won in 2007. Everybody around here was nuts over it. It was pretty cool.

Here they all are with then President Bush.
WR LITTLE LEAGUE CHAMPS.jpg

-
Back