Little Orphan wire (Rear wiring)

-

unclepunchy

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have figured out pretty much all the wiring in my trunk but there is this one spade connector I’m not sure about. Is it a ground? My left tail light doesn’t have the ground spade but the right side tail light does. Maybe the left one broke off or doesn’t exist?

38E3C633-29F3-4696-BF9C-6ED81CCAB158.jpeg

It has to be a ground, but as to why one and not the other, no idea Where does the splice lead off to?

And of course "the usual"

What are you working on, year, make model, and do you have a factory service manual?

Dammit. I totally said to myself not to be a douche and put the year and model. I noticed other threads where you stated the same thing! Ahaha.

73 Duster 340, 4 speed, non AC.

Service manual on order… however, the PO painted pretty much all external wiring orange, so that helps me out a lot when trying to figure out what goes where.

If you have a decent internet connection, download the factory Plymouth (or Dodge) service manual from www.mymopar.com
Go to the back of the electrical section.
Ordering a real copy is great, but assuming you havea computer and decent internet connection, the free downloads will tide you over.

Seeing how it’s wired to the base of the socket, there’s no way it could be anything but a ground.

Note. even though the book diagram shows a big splice, in production they may have decided it was easier/cheaper/ better to daisy chain and that didn't make it to the FSMs.

Somehting like this. This is just a made up example. I don't have a duster here to say thats what was done on your model and year.
1682372632447.png

You can download the 73 service manual, free, from MyMopar.com

-
Back