Little Red Express

-
Yeah, we realized that as it sat outside every night, but the carb had other issues that we could never work out. I was constantly waxing and wiping those rear fenders to keep that black soot off of them. Don't get me started on the cheap chrome wheels!

lol.. yea the chrome sucked on them.

did they have a muffler before the stack or was it all straight pipe?? i do know that the lil reds had 360s that were pretty solid and built strong. i forgot but i think i saw some where that they gave 78 vettes a run for there money. and i also saw that a 76 Dart Sport ran stock 15.5 to a 76 vettes 15.03. Mopar rules

they had mufflers almost rught under the doors.

they had 360 with a big thermal quad, 727 with a factory shift improver kit, stock highh stahl converter, and 9 1/4 3:55 open end rears. only real options i remember were bench seat (red or black) or bucket seats ( only remember seeing them in black), a/c and maybe a sliding rear window. the 78 had no cats and the 79 got cats. some say the 360 had a 340 cam in it others say it had a stock production 360 cam. not sure if anyone knows for sure what they had. the one i had went 14.9 in the quarter. most i have seen go like a 15.3 or so.

I've owned two of them. Yes, 78's didn't have cats, and 79's did. Also the 78's had 15X7 on the front and 15X8" wheels on the rear with NO spare. 79's had 8" all around and had a matching spare. Trivia, I believe this is the ONLY vehicle Mopar sold with styled wheels that had a matching spare.

You could get A/C as an option, along with different radios, vacuum gauge and tach, slider, and sure grip. There were a few trucks that had some odd options that weren't usually available on LRE's. Also, there were (I believe) two BLUE LRE's and also at least one that had a 440 from the factory.

-
Back