Lizard Coating?

-
I have never used lizard skin. I have friends that have mixed their own ceramic in both paint and POR15. And they have reported much cooler temps in the cabin.
Here is the site of what they purchased and mixed with their paints.

http://www.hytechsales.com/ceramics/

You would still need sound deadening though.

I like the idea of doing it in POR15....killing 2 birds with one stone...

I went to Hy-Tech and they have a product called metal shield that does sound deadening and insulating in a single coat. Might be worthwhile trying.
Andrew

most boatbuilding shops and boating supply stores have that stuff. when i built glass boats back in the day we called it "glass balls". the proper title is "inorganic microspheres". mixed with resin it makes a nice filler. mixed with paint; pretty much the same thing. don't confuse it with body type filler, it doesn't sand well but its pretty light and flows out nice.
got mine at West Marine and i'm mixing it with standard water based latex primer. it will go over the por15 i've already put down (fogged with spray bomb primer on top for adhesion), and i'll finish with B-quiet ultimate for sound deadening.

Thanks guys you've given me some great stuff to look into. I have a feeling im going to be driving the Fish a lot more than I would like to think I am, so might as well do everything right the first time even if it takes longer.

By the way Blue Missile have been reading your vignettes, love em, keep em up

-
Back