Not open for further replies.

halifaxhops

It's going to get stupid around here!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
Contact seller
I have a set of loaded rear 10" drum brakes from a 74 dart se with an 8 1/4 rear. New shoes, wheel cylenders, springs and the oem parking brake cables. The drums are not worth shipping since they are a little thin, THEY ARE 5X4.5 BOLT PATTERN. i would replace them. My camera is out right now but will try to get pics. 125? obo plus the ride. I am putting disks on so i do not need them.

Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• PICT0704.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 436
  • PICT0705.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 433
Here is a reference chart of the bolt pattern.

Attachments

• 600px-Rear_end_axle_flange_id.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 260
Any one know it the 8 1/4 10" backing plates will fit an 8 3/4 rear?

I would say around 20. Without the drums, really should replace them. Your in NJ probably do a regional box if they fit. I would say no more than 20 shipped.

Yes they do. It fits the 8.25 and 8.73 flanges. The backing plates have 5 holes. The 8.25 only uses 4 of them. I think the pics show this if not I can take another one.

It was difficult to see if there was for or five holes. I just went through this and ended up with the 10x2.5 brakes off a 8.75. They were from a 1/2 ton pickup. I guess you could just drill the 5th hole. Thanks for the heads up. The backer plates are much easier to remove from a 8.75 that a 8.25.

The swap is done and went well. However I have a friend trying to do this same procedure. I sent him a message. I will contact you.

Basically pull the axels and unbolt the old and bolt on the new. Might have to mess with the lines to the wheel cylinders, not sure.

You have paypal? Do me a favor PM me if you want them so I can get your zip code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back