Locating an instrument cluster facia?

-

jcwren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What are the odds of being able to find just the plastic facia of the instrument cluster for a '67 Barracuda? One of the previous owners completely butchered the area around the radio to install some aftermarket junk radio.

I'd like to find just the facia since I don't need the instruments or metalwork that someone else maybe needs. I'd also like to keep the cost down on this part of the project...

PXL_20230317_200237192.jpg

This is available reproduction.
Although they are NOT inexpensive... @jcrwren be aware 67 was unique in that it uses round dials and has flasher hole in dash. 68-69 have the (odd - IMO) thumbwheel radio hole while the later rally dashes went back to the (more normal) round radio dials they lost the flasher switch as MaMopar moved that to the column... Sorry if too much detail...

That being said they DO show up complete on "for sale" area - also you might try FB Marketplace if you are in a thriving parts area... Shipping can get expensive as they are bulky and easily damaged from shipping if not padded well.

Although they are NOT inexpensive... @jcrwren be aware 67 was unique in that it uses round dials and has flasher hole in dash. 68-69 have the (odd - IMO) thumbwheel radio hole while the later rally dashes went back to the (more normal) round radio dials they lost the flasher switch as MaMopar moved that to the column... Sorry if too much detail...

That being said they DO show up complete on "for sale" area - also you might try FB Marketplace if you are in a thriving parts area... Shipping can get expensive as they are bulky and easily damaged from shipping if not padded well.
Good info, and definitely not too much detail, as I'm no expert in this stuff. I didn't think a repo would be cheap, just because there's so much plastic there. Plus there's the overall low demand, so recouping the design and mold costs would drive the price up a lot. I'll keep an eye on Farcebook Marketplace. Too bad their "search" tool is so useless. Nothing like searching for Mopar parts and getting Ford 8N tractors in the results. They're basically the anti-Google.

Maybe for a cold winter's day project I'll see if I can 3D print a patch section. It'll still look like crap, but at least there wouldn't be a gaping hole.

Good info, and definitely not too much detail, as I'm no expert in this stuff. I didn't think a repo would be cheap, just because there's so much plastic there. Plus there's the overall low demand, so recouping the design and mold costs would drive the price up a lot. I'll keep an eye on Farcebook Marketplace. Too bad their "search" tool is so useless. Nothing like searching for Mopar parts and getting Ford 8N tractors in the results. They're basically the anti-Google.

Maybe for a cold winter's day project I'll see if I can 3D print a patch section. It'll still look like crap, but at least there wouldn't be a gaping hole.
Have no affiliation with the tool but try SearchTempest.com. Note: You must have an active FB marketplace browser window open and seto to 500 miles, select auto parts put in 1967 Barracuda "dash" or "parts" and you can do a national search in FB marketplace, C/L (hardly worth it anymore) as well as ePay...

Shipping can get expensive as they are bulky and easily damaged from shipping if not padded well.

I ship stuff like this in "sono-tube", the heavy cardboard tube they use to pour concrete pillars, virtually shipping-gorilla proof, for things that really matter.
They're round, so seldom have stuff piled on top .
Cheers .

This is one of the aspects of cudas or cars with rally dashes that you have to set a budget for. I bet a fully dressed repop bezel with all proper lenses, rings etc approaches the $8-900 range. You haven't touched gauges, circuit boards, bezels, knobs etc.
If you can find/use an upgrade as a stop gap and focus the $$ elsewhere. I priced out a 67 cuda dash harness, damn near $1000 Cdn landed to me. I'm pretty sure I can run a **** load of wires for that(and did).
Good luck, I'll get you a ship quote.
Oh, take pics of back of cluster. 67 had a thread on speedo and some other subtle differences.

-
Back