Location of where your car was sold when new

-

67redcudavert

Reaction score
Is there any way to find out where your car was sold when new? Is that on file at Chrysler Historical? Just wondering, I bought my 67 cuda 6 years ago in South Bend, Ind. and it had a Utah title, so it's been around a bit.

My car has the original (metal) license plate frame "Sierra Chrysler-Plymouth Fresno, CA". I bought the car a couple of years ago in ... Fresno, CA. Pretty sure that would be an excellent way to find out. The original motor also has a plaque riveted to the block showing that it was rebuilt at a Fresno machine shop.

Hedgecoke Motors, Amarillo, Texas. I am looking for a dealer decal or license frame

My Charger was ordered from Massey-Brooks Dodge in FL.
I wonder if it is same Co.?

my car was sold at o.c taylor Amityville ny

My Charger was ordered from Massey-Brooks Dodge in FL.
I wonder if it is same Co.?

Wow, I wonder.

The sheet from Chrysler Historical shows Dealer Code #61110, Jacksonville, FL, Brooks Motors, Inc.

The name could have changed, for sure!

I wish I could, i have the build sheet for my 70 and have been unsuccessful in finding the original selling dealership ...

I still have a pic of the window sticker , bill of sale and build sheet.
If I have time I will look for the dlr number.

l ordered the demon 340 4 speed in Renton WA it was not built as ordered dealer said to bad went to a dealer in Auburn WA and work a better deal with them 46 year and 84000 miles it still runs great and is a blast to drive

I picked my 67 GTS up brand new at Carl Price Lincoln, Mercury Dodge in Jasper, Al and still have it and the first tag that also came from Walker Co, Al but I have always lived in Tuscaloosa County

My Swinger was sold at Simpson Motors a mile from my house. My 66 Dart was sold in Oregon I believe. I think it's in the owners manual.

Yes, a few months ago I got my information from Chrysler Historical. They sent me the build card, name of the dealer the car was shipped to, and returned my $55 check.

My 67 Plymouth Barracuda S was delivered to Bolmer Motor Car Co. in Bound Brook NJ.

Yes, a few months ago I got my information from Chrysler Historical. They sent me the build card, name of the dealer the car was shipped to, and returned my $55 check.

My 67 Plymouth Barracuda S was delivered to Bolmer Motor Car Co. in Bound Brook NJ.

OK, thanks for the help on this. Next question, how do I get ahold of Chrysler historical, and what information do they need, I would think the VIN for sure, anything else?

Here's the link to their site. FCA North America - Historical Services - Build Records

When I got mine it was $45...and they kept my check!!!!

Historical Services - Build Records
Ordering Process
Please mail your build record order form (pdf), payment, and proof of ownership to

Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Freeway
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288 USA

A copy of the title or registration is acceptable as proof of ownership. It must show your name and the correct serial number/VIN. If you have an issue with your proof of ownership, please contact Historical Services before ordering.

It may take up to 4 weeks to complete your request once it is received by the Historical Services office. A confirmation email or letter will not be sent once an order is received. Payments are turned into the Accounting Department at the end of each month, once the order is completed.

Pricing
Please see the build card order form for further details. Pricing varies depending on the coding that is available for the build records. Only check or money order payments made payable to FCA US LLC can be accepted. Please contact Historical Services for further clarification.

• Trucks (1930-1954)
    • There are no code sheets for Dodge Trucks.
    • Only a build card is provided.
  • Cars (1930-1942)
    • Build records for this era were mostly stamped and hand written by the factory workers.
    • There are no code sheets for these years.
    • Only a build card is provided with limited information.
  • Cars (1946-1967)
    • A build card will be provided with decoding.
  • Dodge Cars (1952, 1953, 1956, 1958)
    • There are no code sheets within the Historical Services for these years.
    • Only a build card is provided.
Not Available
Build records for the following vehicles do not exist within FCA US LLC; there are no additional records available:

• model year cars after 1967
  • model year trucks after 1954
  • Canadian built vehicles
  • Jeep® vehicles
  • AMC (American Motors) vehicles
  • Graham trucks

-
Back