Locked my keys in the trunk.

-

TNAILAV

TNAILAV- VALIANT
Reaction score
I cannot find them anywhere and I think I put them down in the trunk. Anyone have any tricks on getting in w/o doing any damage?

I did that too, couldn't find the keys, pulled the backseat and they were in the trunk!

I have 8 cars, it recently occurred to me that I only have one set of keys for 6 of them so I got an extra set cut for all of them. You may want to consider that once you've got them back in hand :bootysha:

Get one of the kids to crawl in with a flash light. I can't do it anymore, to many good pizza's down the hatch!

I keep extra keys in my wallet. I've locked my keys in my car quite a few times.

the bottom of the seat can be a PIA to get out,rest is easy,flatip screwdriver in latch,bingo,went into a 66 sat trunk like that in jyard,climbed out and found a box of dead kittines in it,long dead,didnt stink

the bottom of the seat can be a PIA to get out,rest is easy,flatip screwdriver in latch,bingo,went into a 66 sat trunk like that in jyard,climbed out and found a box of dead kittines in it,long dead,didnt stink
Thats sad :(

Whats worse is when you think you locked the keys in the trunk, take out the seat and divider and not find them, then look on the workbench and they have been sitting there.

At least with older MoPars you cant lock your keys in the car. At least with all of my older ones 64, 67, 69 you cant lock the door and close it, and have it stay locked.

Man that's the reason I have at least 3 sets for all of my 4 cars.

I don't know how many cars I have bought and they only had one set of keys for it

Good luck

Man, thats the reason you have a nice set for all your cars!:toothy10:

OK, Got, -it!:toothy10:

TNAILAV
TNAILAV- VALIANT, Just go in through the back seat!!

Last time I done that with the '72, I luckily didnt have speakers in the back, I reached through the speaker hole and was able to grab them, in the dark with no flashlight.
I would remove the rear seat and go that route.
Good luck.

Whats worse is when you think you locked the keys in the trunk, take out the seat and divider and not find them, then look on the workbench and they have been sitting there.

At least with older MoPars you cant lock your keys in the car. At least with all of my older ones 64, 67, 69 you cant lock the door and close it, and have it stay locked.

Here's one dumber than that: Went shopping with the wife one winter day; because she didn't want to lug her purse with her, locked up the car ('84 Volvo 240). Remembered to take the keys, even. Do our shopping, come out, key won't fit in the door! Ignition had apparently been changed at some point in the last 300,000 miles. :angry7: Scrounged a coathanger (hard to find these days), opened the trunk (that key worked, anyway), pushed down the center armrest (a cool little feature also)and snaked the coathanger through.. lying in the trunk with the hanger fully extended I finally manage to hook a rear doorhandle (impossible to grab the lock button), give it a yank- guess what? The rear childlocks are engaged! Anyway, finally had to call a garage to send a guy out, it still took him 20 minutes to break in with a full set of slim jims. This whole time it was about 15 degrees and windy, too... that was a fun day. :bootysha:

Try breaking into a McLaren SLR or a Maybach!!
It is easier (and cheaper) just to break a window to retrieve the keys!!

DkBlueSLR-1.jpg

I was helping my son in law on his 96 Jimmy, (he was pulling the engine) needed it out of park so we could move it, had to turn ignotion switch on to get it out of park... oh wait, have to hook battery back up.... DANG left the keys in ignition (his only set).... door closed, as soon as battery was hooked up, it locked itself! fortunately, the rear hatch was ajar and we got in that way....

anyway, as was said before, pull the rear seat... and then get another set... I think I have 3 or 4 sets around for each car.. one spare set in the key drawer i nthe house for just about everything on the property....

'mo sets of keys, stashed everywhere, including the wallet. Been there more than twice.

reminds me when i bought i my dart. the guy handed me 2 sets of keys. i put it on the trailer, hopped into the truck and left. when i got to the rest stop 1.5 hours later. i only had 1 set...... still no ideas where the other went and that was 3 years ago!!!

i did get 2 more sets made though.....

A few years back i took my nephew along to ride in a parade While wating for our clubs turn to start I took off my jacket ,putit in the trunk,and closed it! By the time I pulled the seat the little guy was too afraid to crawl in so I squeezed in far enough to just reach them. threw the seat in and just made the tail end of the parade just ahead of the police car.Good Times.

-
Back