Locked my keys in the trunk.

-
Here's one dumber than that: Went shopping with the wife one winter day; because she didn't want to lug her purse with her, locked up the car ('84 Volvo 240). Remembered to take the keys, even. Do our shopping, come out, key won't fit in the door! Ignition had apparently been changed at some point in the last 300,000 miles. :angry7: Scrounged a coathanger (hard to find these days), opened the trunk (that key worked, anyway), pushed down the center armrest (a cool little feature also)and snaked the coathanger through.. lying in the trunk with the hanger fully extended I finally manage to hook a rear doorhandle (impossible to grab the lock button), give it a yank- guess what? The rear childlocks are engaged! Anyway, finally had to call a garage to send a guy out, it still took him 20 minutes to break in with a full set of slim jims. This whole time it was about 15 degrees and windy, too... that was a fun day. :bootysha:

I had a experience like that too.

When i first bought the Scamp, they guy said it had a new ignition switch and key. Well he didnt tell me that they never rekeyed the door locks to the new key.

First hr i had the car, go to the store, lock the car, come out, key is not working in the lock. GRRR. Luckily it was a hardtop, i was able to squirm a coat hanger in there and grab the door lock.

If I had to pay a $ for every coat hangar I've borrowed, I'd be broke :)

Had to release one by removing the latch with a socket and 3 or 4 - 6" extensions

Grant

Yesterday I had some time so I decided to change the Fuel Pump in the Valiant. Still not getting gas to the carb. Sending unit to be looked at or changed next.
After that did not work out I pulled the back seat. Found an old JCPenney's credit card and a KID PIX(pic of your kid that registers them with the P.D in case of lost kid) card from 1996.
I had two tires in the trunk and two rims I bought without rubber on them in the trunk and some beauty rims. I pull out what I can and try to squeeze in there to look around. No luck. I go to get my daughter to send her in there. Wife says no. I go and get my buddy and his son. Kid goes right in and can't find the keys. My buddy squeezes in there and no luck. We move the tires that would not fit out of the V to the other side and WALLAH. There are my keys.
I put everything away. Put the back seat in my van for safe keeping and went to the hardware store. I asked for 5 copies of each key. $20 later and I will never have that problem ever again. I even gave a set to my daughter, she was so proud to have a set of keys to the Valiant(She is 6).

Build sheet was in the wire on the back of the top half of the seat. I left it there. I don't need to know anything because my car is all original.

Build sheet was in the wire on the back of the top half of the seat. I left it there. I don't need to know anything because my car is all original.

Good job!:cheers:

I bet your daughter is the proudest new valiant owner around!!!! She hasn't put them keys down yet has she!! LOL!!!!:-D

I've gotten pretty quick at using a coat hangar to open my vent windows and slide my arm in to unlock the doors. I haven't had the trunk problem yet, nor have I ever put down the keys to my '72 Valiant, TNAILAV
:)

3 politicians locked themselves out of a car once. they were arguing about how to get in too.
the first said they should use a coat hanger to try to get in.
the second suggested they brake in the trunk and push in the back seat
the third said "I don't care how we get in, but hurry up, its starting to rain and the tops down"

-
Back