LOCKING ENGINE MOUNT LINK FOR 340

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Does anyone have a link for those rubber engine mounts that have an internal metal locking system integrated? Trying to avoid a torque strap.

Thanks

1701010550479.png

1986 DODGE D100 PICKUP 5.9L 360cid V8 Motor Mount | RockAuto
Under $5 at Rock, mid '80s V8 Dodge pickup. *Note: these are just a hair thicker than stock mounts, but not significantly.
If you need a thicker mount or for those who are replacing early A V8 mounts, get the diesel version.

Last edited:
View attachment 1716170956
1986 DODGE D100 PICKUP 5.9L 360cid V8 Motor Mount | RockAuto
Under $5 at Rock, mid '80s V8 Dodge pickup. *Note: these are just a hair thicker than stock mounts, but not significantly.
If you need a thicker mount or for those who are replacing early A V8 mounts, get the diesel version.
Interesting. These look quite a bit thicker (anchor said they were 1.5") than oem (which I think are just under 1") which may throw off potential header fitment too? I like the idea of them though.
I’ll see if the parts store each and compare them side by each

Interesting. These look quite a bit thicker (anchor said they were 1.5") than oem (which I think are just under 1") which may throw off potential header fitment too? I like the idea of them though.
I’ll see if the parts store each and compare them side by each
I've had them vary in thickness by manufacturer a bit, too; but when compared to a new biscuit mount (not an old, squished, worn out one) they haven't been too far off. At this point I haven't had any issues when I've used them.

I used these ones from Mancini. Didn't want the solid feel from Poly-Loc.
Not trying to argue, I just don't understand. I ran the Poly-Locs in my Dart for seven years and never even thought about the "feel"?

In my 67 there was no possible way that pickup mounts would fit and allow the headers to fit without interfering with steering

In my 67 there was no possible way that pickup mounts would fit and allow the headers to fit without interfering with steering
I don’t doubt it! They look beefy. I just measure a regular biscuit style and it was 7/8" thick includes the rubber and metal plates. Those trucks one look to be double that at least

$5 in steel a vise and a BFH. Can’t remember if I heated it.I probably did.

A4405C50-2E1C-4B01-AA0B-79EB6CBF4F58.jpeg

-
Back