Locks and retainers for Stealth heads

-

73Scamp318

Reaction score
Hi all,

My dad has a set of Stealth heads that have been on the shelf for awhile and I'd like to get him a set of Comp locks and retainers for them. I see on 440Source, they have locks and retainers listed, but I'd prefer to get them through Summit or Jeg's. Anyone know what the part numbers are for those? The 440Source site doesn't have the manufacturer P/Ns.

On a side note, are the included springs decent? The heads will be going on a 400 with a .509 lift cam that is typically spun to 6500.

Thanks.

My dad has a set of Stealth heads that have been on the shelf for awhile and I'd like to get him a set of Comp locks and retainers for them. I see on 440Source, they have locks and retainers listed, but I'd prefer to get them through Summit or Jeg's. Anyone know what the part numbers are for those? The 440Source site doesn't have the manufacturer P/Ns.

On a side note, are the included springs decent? The heads will be going on a 400 with a .509 lift cam that is typically spun to 6500.

Hi all,
IDK the part #s off hand but I just ordered CNC ported Stealths from 440 Source and a solid roller cam from Comp. I called 440 Source and Comp and went back and forth between them with info and Comp is sending springs, retainers and locks directly to 440 Source and they are installing the hardware on the heads and then shipping them to me. I do know the stealths come with 11/32nd diameter valve stems with single grooves on them. I have heard from sources here on FABO that the valves that come in the Stealths are decent but that the hardware they come with are questionable. You should call Comp to find out what they recomend and go from there.
Thanks.

I'm not sure how that reply got screwed up like that but the info is there. Sorry bout that...

Call one of the manufactures and tell them what you got and what you are running. They should be able to direct you to a product that matches your cam profile and fits the heads.

-
Back