lokar dipstick...

-

beefovail

Reaction score
Bought a Lokar firewall mount dipstick for the Dart and it appears to be a nice piece. However, according to the instructions you are supposed to put some "automotive silicone" around the base of the tube fitting nut before installing, which I did. The question I have is should this part be snug against the case? I can't seem to get it to seat all the way..and of course, the trans is still leaking! I got the one with the 2 o-rings, not the rubber sleeve type.
Anybody had any experience with these?

wha type of "automotive silicone" did you use, i suggest drying the hole in the case i mean just wiping excess fluid. put high temp rtv round it. thats what i did, mine did same thing. and now it doesn't leak since i did that. let it dry for at least a day or put a heat lamp or warm shop light next to it to try and speed things up.

Red high temp silicone. The question is whether the fitting nut has to sit flush with the case. If it does my luck is running true to form cause mine will not go all the way in.

yes the nut goes all the way down to the case. i had the same problem when i put mine in ended up finding a piece of the old dipstick broken off in the hole stopping it from going in all the way.

A-518...Lokar 727 firewall kit

Attachments

• P4170001.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 129
  • P4170002.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 117
  • P4170003.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 124
-
Back