Lokar info

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, contemplating a Lokar throttle cable for my sb dual quad setup. A couple questions...
Will they work with oem throttle pedal?
I have my DIY progressive linkage setup, but it used the Mopar Edelbrock carb adapter. Can I use the Edelbrock 1481 adapter with Lokar?
Thanks
Steve

Hey Steve. I can't tell you about the specific adapter that you're talking about, but my 24" black Lokar cable hooked right up to my accelerator pedal and my Edelbrock carb. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with what you have.

My old cable was frayed and it popped and caught and you depressed the pedal. Afterwards, it was like butter. I got the one with the black housing as I think it is a good alternative to the stainless steel cables.

IMG_0795.jpg

Thanks Brian, here is a pic with my linkages mocked up. You can see there is the adapter on each of my Eddys. Doesnt look like you used one?

Hey Steve. I can't tell you about the specific adapter that you're talking about, but my 24" black Lokar cable hooked right up to my accelerator pedal and my Edelbrock carb. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with what you have.

My old cable was frayed and it popped and caught and you depressed the pedal. Afterwards, it was like butter. I got the one with the black housing as I think it is a good alternative to the stainless steel cables.

View attachment 1716083654

20230402_153459.jpg

You don’t need the Chrysler throttle cable holder or the Edelbrock throttle adapter if you use all of the Lokar cable system parts. This also applies to the transmission kick down set up.
Both are easy to use. BTDT several times.

In the picture above (Post #3) the throttle lever should be on the rear carb for a progressive linkage set up as pictured. But make sure that both carbs fully open when the pedal is on the floor for wide open throttle.

The linkage attachment point on the front carb should not be at the same point but higher up. Look below at my (very old) video of my dual quad set up near the end where I have my friend move the throttle a few times. You can probably see the attachment points are different. The video is a little grainy.

Last edited:
-
Back