Lokar throttle cable, help

-

themoparman73

Reaction score
Is there a specific way took hook up your throttle cable to the gas pedal when using the lokar throttle cable or do you need a aftermarket pedal?

It has a ball end on the pedal side of the cable, it just goes where the factory throttle cable ball end is on the factory pedal. No need for aftermarket

There is a small plastic plug in the pedal
Once you pop that out, you will see a hole big enough to push the ball end of the cable through
Pop the plug back in and it locks the cable in place

The Lokar cable does come with an aluminum clevis thingy that you must remove to use it with the stock pedal, but after you remove that, it works like the factory cable.

Cley

themoparman73, you aren't trying to replace the early Valiant-type carb linkage, are you, where the pedal turns the carburetor rod rather than pulling on it? If you are replacing that kind of linkage, I think you do need a different type of pedal. At least that's what I did on mine. Couldn't figure out any way to get the stock pedal to pull on the carb linkage without replacing it. I bought a chromed steel gas pedal from Mancini and brazed it into position using threaded couplers, cut to the correct length, to stand it off from the floor.

measure from the firewall to your carb.. i think the 24 fits but forget.. pretty sure you'll have to cut the 24 shorter..

I have this same setup in my 73 dart/360 with an Edelbrock carb. I can't seem to get to wide open position and then back to idle.

I have this same setup in my 73 dart/360 with an Edelbrock carb. I can't seem to get to wide open position and then back to idle.
How close the the throttle shafts is your connecting point?
You may be too far out, which makes the pull too long

I would also check to see the gas pedal isn't bent in (hitting the floor before it should) and limiting your pull

-
Back