Long time in the dumps and think of getting out of mopars

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
Hi I have been in the dumps for a long time.First of all trying to get my car painted,lost my business,lost a job then going back to ford. A ford I found that the service writer was stealing money from me and giving to one of the other mechanics.They reimbursed me the money then fired me.At the same time I got fired I had an interview with
Penn Dot.I got the job and things has been turning around ever since.I went to the body shop and picked up my car(yes it was unfinished).I have four people interested in buying it(decided to give up on the car and mopars). The job has been the best ever and I am going to try to take a new step in life.I took down my avatars and did not renew my gold member because I wont be visting this site much anymore. Some of you guys need a lesson in life and most of you guys in hear are the greatest.This site has some of the best advise I have seen anywhere.Good luck to you all. Mark

Hope things work out for you and you come back sometime.

It's disturbing how you were treated at Ford. Glad you found another job that you are happier with.

Well, I understand your troubles, and I'm very happy to hear that things are looking up for you. I must say though, that I don't understand the need to "Get out of MoPars", or to stop visiting here.
Even selling off you MoPar doesn't mean you need to stop visiting here. Is there something more you're not saying, or did I just miss something?

Dang, you don't need to go just because of some changes in your life. Step back, live a little and stop in for a visit every now and then. tmm

Sometimes being unable to finish a project.... we give up on it. It doesn't necessarily mean you gave up on Mopars or old cars. But, IF you gave up on mopars, I don't draw the line between your job and your like for mopars... Mopars aren't suppose to be life, but a nice addition. If life put you in the dumps, a nice mopar is only a temporary fix. You first have to be happy in life to fully enjoy everything else...

hey mark . first of all DO NOT let some friging loosers change how you feel for what you want or like in life
because if you do then that means your weak and they win!!!!
let me tell you something I am a true believer in carma
and god does not let anybody go unpunished for there actions when they do evil things ., don't forget that every dog has his day!
if you like mopars then stay with your love and dream.,why in the HELL
would you let some a- holes change what you desire
just get in your mopar and do some hole shots on there lawn and have a nice day
good luck body

time.First of all trying to get my car painted,lost my business,lost a job then going back to ford. A ford I found that the service writer was stealing money from me and giving to one of the other mechanics.They reimbursed me the money then fired me.At the same time I got fired I had an interview with
Penn Dot.I got the job and things has been turning around ever since.I went to the body shop and picked up my car(yes it was unfinished).I have four people interested in buying it(decided to give up on the car and mopars). The job has been the best ever and I am going to try to take a new step in life.I took down my avatars and did not renew my gold member because I wont be visting this site much anymore. Some of you guys need a lesson in life and most of you guys in hear are the greatest.This site has some of the best advise I have seen anywhere.Good luck to you all. Mark[/QUOTE]

Here is what I would suggest doing, as I've been in circumstances that I wouldn't wish on enemies;

Do one thing at a time. Changing jobs is taxing on your stability, mentally and financially.

Once you've gotten used to your new position in life, come back to your car and make your decision, then.

It's entirely too easy to blanket everything in life with one group of emotions, either positive or negative. Just like you said, some people here need a life lesson, some are the greatest. Approach each thing in your life like this. It's not all one-way streets.

If it makes you feel any better, my first car/ mopar/ '68 Charger was wrecked before I could drive it, and I bought it running and driving. I've had it since I was in high school and it's nowhere near finished. You're ahead of me, by a long shot. I've put other projects in front of it out of necessity, as it seems you have, too. Am I going to sell it? No. Not ever, because I don't rely on other people coming through, to make my success a reality. If I can't deal, I'll improvise. Looks to me like you are doing just that. Keep doing it and keep your head on the goal. The process is only how you get to the goal.

If a body shop sat on *** and didn't do your car, fine. Get another shop that will, even if you have to do it 3 times over, once it's done, you'll see that it doesn't matter how you get there. If you can't afford it, fine. Wait until you have a solid plan that is in the works to fund it.

Seems a shame, come back when you can.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGmAmJFUvzM"]The Doors-The End [FULL] - YouTube[/ame]

I know, but this is what I hear in my mind every time one of
these threads come up.

I think 2013 tried everybody.

Mark ! This has been a very trying year and I hope all works out for you, and can keep on keeping on bud, Don't leave , just take care as we all enjoy your help and conversation here man, I think the lack of sunshine and happy going days has been real testing on us this last season.. Hang in there and I hope a big smile can find room in your days .. memike said no go!! it's going to get better .

I gave up on the hobby for 20 years before getting back into it.Sometimes it's good to take a break. I wish you the best (from a ex PA-er) !

Let me say first that I am not having money problems. I managed to weather the storm through all the bad times.Thanks for replying,one thing that is need sometimes is other opinions when you are feeling the way I do.Second I lost my love for mopars(it my be a passing thing).I have been told that it is people not the car i have that is making me feel this way.That is a vary good point.I had my car for over 20 years and been getting ripped off by body aholes for the last 10 years.This is the only work I can't do.It left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't know what to do.There was a time that I would be in jail by now for the actions that would have been taken.Ti's not giving up it is just getting tired.I understand what everyone is saying but body men how do you win.They all say the something (quote) I can have your car done in three months.A year later and every excuse in the world why there are not working on your car.They painted the car in August the only thing left was close in the tunnel and put the stripe on.I went and took my car unfinished February 2nd. The paint looks awesome but once again he was paid in full and the job was not finished.The other problem with the site is I don' feel it is or has to do with mopar anymore.A guy gets ripped off and comes on hear to tell his story.The first thing he gets ripped on about everything except what the story was about.What about the guys that are ripping people off.They get off scott free.This is what I meant by lessons in life.There was a time when I went to a norther state knocked on the persons door and when he answered the door(remember he did not know who I was or what I was there for)It didn't go well for him.And when it was over I went into his pocket and took my money back and left his parts beside him.I am glad I'm not that person today all thou i don't have any problem becoming that person again.2013 took a hard toll on me as it did most of the people in the US of A. Thanks for the kind words ,it has gaven me a lot to think about and what I need know is to think. Mark

I feel ya man! I did see your thread on your paint job. I think it looks nice. I hope you get it finished, before the first nice day of spring. when you cruise around in your fine cuda,
you will have time to reflect on the sacrifice and path it took to get it there. it will have been worth it. as far as the thieves and socalled perfectionists, they will always be around.
we can only learn from the past and use it for the future.

HANG ON AND BE COOL!

.I have been told that it is people not the car i have that is making me feel this way.That is a vary good point.I had my car for over 20 years and been getting ripped off by body aholes for the last 10 years.

Figuratively speaking, I don't care if it's cars, guns, amateur radio, or underwater basketweaving. There's good and bad folks everywhere. It's certainly no worse in Moparland than it is Chivvyland or Ferdiland.

When I was a young man, I was continually brainwashed how amateur radio was a "fraternity." Well, it ain't. There are less than honest folk and really helpful folk wherever you go.

I don't know what to tell you. I would not be too anxious, if your finances, are in fair shape, and you have storage space, to get rid of the car. Just let it sit awhile.

Maybe try 'n make some new friends

B strong friend I also almost sold my car too the guy was there to take the car and just like a second after I handed the keys to him to take her away something in me snapped and I literally had to beg him to not take it (I don't think anybody was recording this exchange hopefully cause this was embarrassing ). But don't be so hasty to sell it if you've had it for 20 years and it isn't the car it's the people u say f u to people and u build the car yourself ya the paint may not be right nor will it b right until u find a good shop (midnight customs state college pa) and u drive the car until u find that shop don't give up on the car.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

-
Back