Long time lurker, first time poster

-
Reaction score
Hello! My name is Tim and I live in Southern California about 20 minutes east of Los Angeles. I own a 1969 Barracuda Fastback. I've owned 3 Dusters (70,72, & 73). I was taught from a young age that it was Mopar or no car, especially A-Bodies. This site has provided lots of inspiration and admiration for the work everyone puts into their cars. This site definitely doesn't lack passion and I am glad to observe it all.

Hello! My name is Tim and I live in Southern California about 20 minutes east of Los Angeles. I own a 1969 Barracuda Fastback. I've owned 3 Dusters (70,72, & 73). I was taught from a young age that it was Mopar or no car, especially A-Bodies. This site has provided lots of inspiration and admiration for the work everyone puts into their cars. This site definitely doesn't lack passion and I am glad to observe it all.

Welcome to the site!

Welcome aboard Tim! It's great to have you here. You wouldn't happen to be a Dave Matthews fan too would ya?? :-D (Just guessin'.) Make yourself at home, enjoy the new family and post up some pics of that Cuda when you get the chance.

Welcome Tim look foward to post and pics of your cuda.

Welcome aboard from the mitten state! Yup, as others have stated, we need to see some pics. Glad to have another 2nd generation Barracuda on the site!

Hi Tim! Welcome to the FABO family from another SoCal A-body owner ('69 Dart). You're going to have fun here.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your Barracuda.

Welcome and I thought i saw you lurking.You always looked suspicious first i thought you were a Ford guy but naa that was not right ,and you didn't smell like a CHEBY guy.But man i'm glad you a no car or Mopar guy!!!!

P.S. It's about time you pulled the trigger and joined now what can we do for you???

Arco

Howdy from Hadlyme,....used to run around in Ventura, Camarillo, and T.O. back in the day in my lowered Warlock.....How are the canyons these days?

Hello there! Welcome! I'm a new member and not too far away from you!

Here are a few pictures of the Cuda.
Story behind the car: My Dad dragged the car home when I was 9 years old. I'm 27 now. He never had the time or money to really get too far on the project, so the Cuda sat in the garage for a young naive son to throw his bike against as he was coming in from roaming the neighborhood. Well, that son grew up and by the time I was 12 or so I realized we had something special sitting in the garage. As I grew up my Dad coveted his Cuda so I bought Dusters. Then Dad coveted my Dusters and so the Cuda sat. After going through several Dusters I realized that it was time for the Cuda to get back on the road. After many years the Cuda has been road worthy for several years now. It's definitely a fun project that is much more than a car to my Dad and I. It may be rough around the edges and still very much a project car, but it's our project.

Originally a 318, A/C, console car. Now it's missing the A/C part but everything is very much the same. 318, 4 Barrel with a 340 grade cam. Not sure about the specs because that stuff still confuses me. It's got some Hedman headers that are hooked up to some form of mufflers with an H-pipe. Sounds pretty good, especially when you wrap it up. Electronic Ignition upgrade. 727 transmission with an 8 3/4 rearend (open with highway gears). Upgraded to front disc brakes and rebuilt the front end. Fresh alignment with new tires all the way around.

Thankfully there's no cancer in the body as it has spent the last 18 years in a garage and it's Southern California. The body is wavy and every now and then I knock off any surface rust I see building up. A paint job is certainly in it's future. I love this car and the special meaning it has to my Dad and I. It's been a fun project and that turns heads everywhere despite not being very flashy. Thanks for the warm welcome and I look forward to being a member of this community!
28686_1381760636721_4184457_n.jpg

283489_2051119890284_6844359_n.jpg

268829_2051120130290_4129974_n.jpg

267434_2051120370296_5747558_n.jpg

285704_2051120450298_857555_n.jpg

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Shop Passenger Side View.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 112
-
Back