Long weekend Birthday Party

-

OldVart

Reaction score
Well folks, I promised some of the guys a couple of weeks ago that I would take some pics of my annual birthday party bash this year, so here they are.

The third weekend in May in Canada is a long weekend each year, and for each of the past 11 years the wife and I have thrown a get together for anyone who wants to attend. My birthday is actually on the 4th of May (every year) :clock: but we always wait until the long weekend for our party.

The first 3 photos were taken on the first weekend in May when we had a late spring snow storm. Quite a difference in a couple of weeks.

May_long_08 001 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 002 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 003 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 004 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 005 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 006 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 007 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 008 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 009 (Small).jpg

May_long_08 010 (Small).jpg

That looks like a good time.
Hell, it hasn't been shorts/tee shirt weather here in CT yet this year! I think the warmest day we had so far this year was about 72.

George

A bit late but I didn't know when your B'day was.... so Happy Birthday OldVart.. and boy you had a good time... is that your yard? Its huge.. you can build your own race circuit in there!

Happy belated birthday OldVart. Looks like you had a good time, nothing like good food and friends to help celebrate.

George: Yeah, the weather was beautiful, 31* C, which is about 87* F on Saturday. Sunday was windy, but still in the high 70's F. In four days I got my summer tan all finished. :)

Vkarapanos: Yep, that's the front yard. I have 4 acres so there isn't really any shortage of room, but damn, it sure is a lot of grass to cut. :)

John: You're smack on the money. Good food, good friends, and good health. What more could a person ask for?

SID!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:You sure know how to have a great week end , and looks like the weather was good to yall.
I see you have a great bunch of folks around you bud.:thumbrig:
I like your home place and seeing your dogs running and having fun.
And I see a good bunch of jeeps lined up and I like the old barn.:notworth:
I hope you have a good mower man#-o because that is a good looking big one.:tongue9:
Tell us about the night time fun, Did they paint your toe nails.:bootysha:

Thanks for sharing this great weekend with us Sid.
Did the banjo get out.:rock:

Hey Mike. Yes sir, it was a great weekend - if I remember correctly. :)

My yard is definitely Jeep territory. The green one on the left is an 87 Laredo with 262,000 miles on the 4.0L auto, and one of my better purchases. I paid $1000.00 for it 9 years ago, and the daughter has driven the snot out of it for the past 7 years. It used to be white, but I pulled it into the shop and gave it a quickie paint job about 7 years ago. The fuel pump finally went on it, but I gave the tank a good smack with a rubber hammer, and it's been running great ever since. I'm just using it around the yard now though, waiting for the pump to go completely.

The next one is a 93 Sport with 4.0L auto, and 218,000 miles on it. I've had that one for 6 years, and it still runs like a champ, and again, has cost me very little in upkeep.

The red one is my 97 Sport with 4.0L and 5 speed, with 122000 miles on it. We saw that one for sale and bought it just on a whim. It's in near perfect condition and just sips gas. It's a keeper.

The white 07 Dodge Nitro is my work truck, and only has 13000 miles on it. Nice little vehcle.

The white 94 Grand Cherokee is a 5.2L, auto, full time 4 wheel, that momma drives. It has 126,000 easy miles on it, is in great condition, and momma just loves driving it summer or winter.

Yup, I've got an 18HP lawn tractor that definitely earns its keep here in the summer. What you see in the photos is about 1/3 of the area I keep cut and trimmed. It's a full time job when we get a wet summer. :)

And yes, the banjo and the guitar were pluckin' up a storm for 3 nights in a row. Even the coyotes joined in for a couple of tunes. :)

Looks like it was a blast.. and please send that heat East please..

"My birthday is actually on the 4th of May (every year)"

ROFL.. same day every year?

Grant

Sweeeeeeeeet, a bit far for me to travel right now. But that is as good as any reason to party.

4 acres, looks like 400 acres :-D Happy belated birthday Sid!

Sweeeeeeeeet, a bit far for me to travel right now. But that is as good as any reason to party.

Damn Rob, if I knew you were going to have a birthday today, I'd have saved you a few beers and a couple of bowls of the moose meat chili! Happy B-day dude. Maybe just stop up for the party next year, and we can BS - I mean, have a meaningful conversation - about Mopars. :toothy10:

It rained from Tuesday night until late Thursday afternoon, but the sun is back full bore today, and you can hear the damned grass growing. Guess what Sid will be doing THIS weekend? :munky2:

And I really screwed up guys. I got the pics of the party, and forgot to get one of the beautiful tool box set the wife gave me for my birthday. I'll get on that tomorrow and post a pic. Gotta love that woman! :cheers:

Damn Rob, if I knew you were going to have a birthday today, I'd have saved you a few beers and a couple of bowls of the moose meat chili! Happy B-day dude. Maybe just stop up for the party next year, and we can BS - I mean, have a meaningful conversation - about Mopars. :toothy10:

Mooooooooooooose meet chili !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! YIKES!!!!!!! WOW! I neve would have come up with that idea. But then again, New York is void of moose.

Ahh, what the hell, I'll try it! I did a map quest of your area. That may take a bit to drive, a flight may be cheaper. Which aint a bad thing. I get to rent a car. He he he.

Don't worry about beer. I barley drink it. Happy B day right back atcha.

-
Back