look no hands

-
Now THAT is a generous offer!! Fishy you make me wish I was a truck driver in your part of the world,I'd willingly deliver the 400.

Chrisf offered me up his running 400 in his truck,but man I gotta go there to get it!sigh...

Your WELCOME!!!! I am determined to help out Hook's,he is in need and obviously crippled,so maybe folk's will step up for him.Truthfully,for me driving 6 or so hours to Chrisf's place is near impossible. The motor will likely stay there. I just dont want this to happen to hook's.

Welcome Hooks! Man I wish we were closer together (I'm near St.Louis) cause I have a 400 block you could have. I had it given to me and stuck it in the corner for a future b-body project but it looks like that may not happen any time soon. Wish I knew a truck driver that was making a trip to the east coast.

wow bro thats awsome of you to offer that block hopefully I can find some how to get it here, thank you very much.

Your WELCOME!!!! I am determined to help out Hook's,he is in need and obviously crippled,so maybe folk's will step up for him.Truthfully,for me driving 6 or so hours to Chrisf's place is near impossible. The motor will likely stay there. I just dont want this to happen to hook's.
Thankyou bro your an awsome person

here is a pic from friday, I was cutting off the old quarter panel

oops looks like I have to resize the pics
:D

Welcome hooks,
I would be more than willing to donate a few bucks for shipping to get the motor to you.

Who here can set up and account and handle this?

wow bro thats awsome of you to offer that block hopefully I can find some how to get it here, thank you very much.

Glad to help brother. I was hoping to do a big block project but that has fallen through so no need for it setting in my way for who knows how many yrs before I do get to use it. Right now I'm laid up from back surgery 9 days ago so I still need a little time to recuperate before I can get it strapped onto a pallet. I have a cherry picker so it won't be hard but it's still over my level at the moment. That should give you some time to figure out how to get it to you. Or maybe someone here can figure out a way. I have a buddy that owns a business with a loading dock so getting it loaded onto a semi would be easy and will save some on the shipping cost.

Glad to help brother. I was hoping to do a big block project but that has fallen through so no need for it setting in my way for who knows how many yrs before I do get to use it. Right now I'm laid up from back surgery 9 days ago so I still need a little time to recuperate before I can get it strapped onto a pallet. I have a cherry picker so it won't be hard but it's still over my level at the moment. That should give you some time to figure out how to get it to you. Or maybe someone here can figure out a way. I have a buddy that owns a business with a loading dock so getting it loaded onto a semi would be easy and will save some on the shipping cost.
hey man you rest up there is plenty of time for that block, I've had 2 back surgeries on l4 and l5 disk, thought I was going in to have my 3rd surgery when I fell off the roof but the steroids took the swelling down and my leg stopped hurting, anyway bro rest up and take it easy.

ok here is a pic from friday when I started the quarter panels, its been raining off and on the last couple days so no putting on the new one yet

Rain Rain go away cause I can't work on my car today :D

Attachments

• 72 Duster 033.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 329
You sure have a great attitue despite your loss of hands! Gotta have a good sence of humour these days,too much shitty stuff happening.

Good for you!

hey man you rest up there is plenty of time for that block, I've had 2 back surgeries on l4 and l5 disk, thought I was going in to have my 3rd surgery when I fell off the roof but the steroids took the swelling down and my leg stopped hurting, anyway bro rest up and take it easy.

Glad to hear the steroids took care of yours cause I'm sure you know back surgery isn't a bunch of fun. I'll let you know as soon as I'm able to get it strapped down to a pallet but if in the mean time you find a way to get it to you and need it done fast I have a buddy that I can get over to get it strapped down and ready to ship.

Glad to see progress. Lookin good.

hey does anyone know how much it cost to ship a 400 block half way across the us??

Welcome to the site Hooks, from the smile on your face in every pic I can clearly see your enjoyment working on your car.

I just priced sending a block from Michigan to Illinois and it was $148.00 dock to dock. If you need a lift truck for driveway delivery that more than triples the cost, so it's better to have it sent to a business near you, or depending on which carrier you use, they will deliver it terminal to terminal if they have a terminal near you and fishy!!

I'd be willing to donate to a good cause of getting this block to you if maybe fishy could put it out there for the gang and was willing to set up the details!! I'll also check with my brother and see if he has an extra 440 crank!!

Keep up the good work and welcome again, Geof

Welcome to the site Hooks, from the smile on your face in every pic I can clearly see your enjoyment working on your car.

I just priced sending a block from Michigan to Illinois and it was $148.00 dock to dock. If you need a lift truck for driveway delivery that more than triples the cost, so it's better to have it sent to a business near you, or depending on which carrier you use, they will deliver it terminal to terminal if they have a terminal near you and fishy!!

I'd be willing to donate to a good cause of getting this block to you if maybe fishy could put it out there for the gang and was willing to set up the details!! I'll also check with my brother and see if he has an extra 440 crank!!

Keep up the good work and welcome again, Geof

Man this is awsome thankyou so much, I'm checking today to see about shipping terminals and cost. sometimes those smiles in the pic's might be me gritting my teeth lol again thankyou very much
Chuck

Man this is awsome thankyou so much, I'm checking today to see about shipping terminals and cost. sometimes those smiles in the pic's might be me gritting my teeth lol again thankyou very much
Chuck

I`ve got a standard 440 forged crank out of a 67 chrysler, never been touched or out of the engine before I tore it down,I haven`t checked it as I`m building a stroker, but I honestly think it`s good, prbably clean w/ a polish or .010/.010. your welcome to it if you want it and we can figure a low cost way to get it to you .
let me know if your interested, and don`t feel bad about reminding me about it, I`ve got a lot going on right now, and I might forget it.
I`m inthe tulsa area if there`s a trucker that could bring it to you.
bob

I`ve got a standard 440 forged crank out of a 67 chrysler, never been touched or out of the engine before I tore it down,I haven`t checked it as I`m building a stroker, but I honestly think it`s good, prbably clean w/ a polish or .010/.010. your welcome to it if you want it and we can figure a low cost way to get it to you .
let me know if your interested, and don`t feel bad about reminding me about it, I`ve got a lot going on right now, and I might forget it.
I`m inthe tulsa area if there`s a trucker that could bring it to you.
bob
hey thankyou very much, I can sure use it, I'm checking now on shipping quotes, I don't think it cost to much to ship a crank but I could be wrong lol
thankyou very much
chuck

hey are 5140 rods any good in a 500ish hp race motor?? can they handle 100/150 shot nos??

ok I've found two loading docks near me of shipping co.and that would be usps in farmville va and ups docs 5 miles from me still not sure of cost because I need measurements and weight with both these places, I'm still searching for a local business with a loading doc, I love living in a small country town but sometimes its a pain in the *** to get things done.

ok I've found two loading docks near me of shipping co.and that would be usps in farmville va and ups docs 5 miles from me still not sure of cost because I need measurements and weight with both these places, I'm still searching for a local business with a loading doc, I love living in a small country town but sometimes its a pain in the *** to get things done.

Are there any parts stores close to you that might accept it for you? Just a thought.

-
Back